Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The 11MP monochrome, 2.7MP color, $8000 Canon 1Ds

The 11MP monochrome, 2.7MP color, $8000 Canon 1Ds

Georgette Preddy

Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
links...

Lionel

Kibo informs me that http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy)
stated that:

>Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
>$8000, 11MP mo[*SLAP!*]

That's because there is no camera on the planet that fits your bizarre
description.

Are you ever going to show us one of these photos you lied about
selling?

bagal

Lionel - I do admire your tenacity

I wonder if you may direct me to a truly independent digital camera review
site

das bagal schrieben

"Lionel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kibo informs me that (E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy)
> stated that:
>
> >Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
> >$8000, 11MP mo[*SLAP!*]

> That's because there is no camera on the planet that fits your bizarre
> description.
>
> Are you ever going to show us one of these photos you lied about
> selling?

Paul Howland

Georgette Preddy wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
> $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
> links...

Not 'til you post your own links Georgy boy.

JohnJ

To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

Georgette Preddy wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
> $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
> links...

Jim Davis

On 22 May 2004 13:40:34 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Georgette
Preddy) wrote/replied to:

>Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
>$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
>links...

plonk

Georgette Preddy

JohnJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
> postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
> he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
> extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
>
> Georgette Preddy wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
> > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
> > links...

No links!

Georgette Preddy

JohnJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
> postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
> he, for some reason

[monochrome MPs]

> has a fetish against Canon. He is also
> extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

Dave Martindale

(E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy) writes:
>Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
>$8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs?

Correction: it's 11 MP of luminance information, whether the input is
a colour image or B&W, and whether the output is colour or B&W.

The *only* time you won't get that luminance information is when the
subject doesn't have any luminance information, such as the red-blue
saturated colour test patterns that someone used to explore Bayer
sensors at their weakest. Fortunately, this never happens in real
images. There is always significant luminance detail.

And 11 MP of luminance is a whole lot more than the 3.4 MP maximum
luminance information from any of the Sigma cameras.

The 1Ds colour-only resolution is a factor of 2 less. But this is not
the resolution for colour images, it's the resolution for the *colour
differences* once luminance has been removed. Even for very colourful
images, luminance resolution is much more important than colour
resolution.

Dave

Lionel

Kibo informs me that (E-Mail Removed) (Georgette Preddy)
stated that:

>JohnJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
>> postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
>> he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
>> extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
>>
>> Georgette Preddy wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone ever seen a sharp full size pic posted from one of these
>> > $8000, 11MP monochrome, 2.76MP color dinosaurs? I'd love a few good
>> > links...

>No [*SLAP!*]

....brains.

We're still waiting to see your photos, Preddiot.