Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > Long time, no see

Long time, no see

11-23-2005
Hey guys, how's everyone been? I hope you don't think I left but I haven't been posting much on ANY of the forums I used to visit all the time. It's been a busy 3 months at my new job and I'm struggling to find time to catch up with my friends and balance in some sleep.

I used to have all day free and most of the night and it was like this for months, I'm still trying to adjust to the change but the money is helping that

Anyways, how have things been? I see a new site, looks good Have I missed much?

11-24-2005
u missed the vapour prize and the change in ownership, and thats about it

11-24-2005
You need to go to my site to see the other stuff in the works dude. But yeah, other than the change in ownership here and the vaporprize, that's all the news. Well, you can read up on most of the other stuff, new mods, new reviews and so forth.

11-24-2005
What's this vapor prize business?

11-24-2005
This is the only straight scoop I've got on this.

Ian Cunningham, owner of PcReview.co.uk recently purchased VelocityReviews.com from someone using a name other than "Mike", who was supposedly the owner of this site. We've got no word on the reality of who is who in regards to the original owner of the site. The 200gb SATA hard drive that was being offered after 100 users registered on the site has become a vaporprize, it no longer exists. No word was given by the original owners of this site as to the status of that prize or the contest and that information was not provided to the new owner.

At issue are the fact that the new owner claims he did look over the site but somehow had no knowledge of the contest, the fact that "Mike" (the original owner) had installed a mod for phpBB that banned new users on signup or anything of the sort. (How he could have seen the site properly without even trying to register and hence, seeing that the site banned him when he tried is a mystery thus far). Ian, who initially claimed he was just one guy, with no background and no existing company backing, as it turns out, is the owner of PcReview.co.uk, a long standing review site. It appears that many claims made on the part of all parties involved have been fabrications and the users of VelocityReviews.com are a bit confused and understandably annoyed.

We are however, giving the new owner(s) time to get their story straight and be forthcoming with an explanation, in the meantime, visit my site for further details on what we've got in the works in the way of other projects. Also visit thinkcomputers.org for more as we've been making the rounds of that site as well and it appears to be quite nice.

-Mike

11-24-2005
So in other words, things are pretty messed up at the moment. Righty oh then.

See what happens when I leave for a couple months!!!

11-24-2005
Yeah, man we should have voted YOU scapegoat of the month, it's all your fault.

Administrator

11-24-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modfather
Ian, who initially claimed he was just one guy, with no background and no existing company backing, as it turns out, is the owner of PcReview.co.uk, a long standing review site. It appears that many claims made on the part of all parties involved have been fabrications and the users of VelocityReviews.com are a bit confused and understandably annoyed.
I'm still just 1 guy! Check the about page there and you'll see I'm still at university I said I was from pcreview.co.uk in the first place so you could see who I was and that I had some experience

Just thought I'd chirp in with this bit

11-24-2005
Well, I did ask if you were from that site and it seemed to me you said you weren't. There are other discrepancies here that we're probably all still not clear about. Would you concent to an interview to answer those questions?

Administrator

11-24-2005
Sure you can I'm rather resigned to the fact that you don't believe me, but if this will clear it up I'm willing to answer a last lot of questions I even posted the link at sitepoint with all my sites in the sig.

Anyway, on with the questions.

Edit, just found out where I said I run PC Review : link to thread

Last edited by Ian; 11-24-2005 at 04:07 PM..