Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > please help me choose between dimage x21 and x20

please help me choose between dimage x21 and x20

Mike Henley

Hello... please help me choose between dimage x21 and dimage x20.

Dimage x20 came out last year (i think). It won a DIMA 2004 digital
camera shootout award. It's only 2mp but that's really enough for my
use. I've seen images taken with it and i'm satisfied enough.

DiMAGE X21 is a model that just came out. It looks more aesthetically
appealing to me as i've never liked the looks of the x20 much. There
are perhaps a couple more features added, mostly a couple of effects
(i don't care much about these, i prefer to do them in photoshop), and
a couple of shaved off features.

The main differences i can see are Autofocus and sensitivity (ISO)...

- The dimage 20 has wide area focus (5 Point AF) whereas the dimage 21
has Center Focus Area

- The dimage 20 has Auto(ISO50-160), ISO 50,100,200,400 whereas the
dimage 21 has Auto (ISO50-200)

here is a comparison chart with links to detailed specification of
each

http://www.minoltaeurope.com/pe/digi..._X20_en_r1.htm

they are the same price, which one do you think i should take? i'm not
sure if the new model is an improvement over the older one or if it's
just made more profitable for the company. I do feel though i ought to
get the new one 'cos the old one would probably start depreciating
now. what do you guys think?