Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth connection between laptop and cell phone

Bluetooth connection between laptop and cell phone

=?Utf-8?B?Um9hZHVkZQ==?=

I am useing an HP Presario X1000 laptop and a Motorola 815 cell phone. When I
try to make a Bluetooth connection, my computer repeatedly comes up with a
message indicating that there is no Bluetooth device found. I have my phone
on "find me" and double clicking on the Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. I
would apperiate any advice. Ken

Ryan Younger

On your laptop, are you using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all the latest
hotfixes installed?

--
All the best,

Ryan Younger.
Networking Weblog

"Roadude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am useing an HP Presario X1000 laptop and a Motorola 815 cell phone. When
> try to make a Bluetooth connection, my computer repeatedly comes up with a
> message indicating that there is no Bluetooth device found. I have my
> phone
> on "find me" and double clicking on the Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. I
> would apperiate any advice. Ken

=?Utf-8?B?Um9hZHVkZQ==?=

Hello Ryan,,, Yes to the Service Pack 2. Do you think that might be the
problem? Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks Ken

"Ryan Younger" wrote:

> On your laptop, are you using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all the latest
> hotfixes installed?
>

> --
> All the best,
>
> Ryan Younger.
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/wirelessnetworking/ - Ryan's Wireless
> Networking Weblog
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "Roadude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am useing an HP Presario X1000 laptop and a Motorola 815 cell phone. When
> > try to make a Bluetooth connection, my computer repeatedly comes up with a
> > message indicating that there is no Bluetooth device found. I have my
> > phone
> > on "find me" and double clicking on the Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. I
> > would apperiate any advice. Ken

Ryan Younger

Ok, now that I know you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2 I can point you
to this MS KB article, which will hopefully be of some help to you:

How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows
XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258

--
All the best,