Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > "Ken Burns" effect problems

"Ken Burns" effect problems

Conrad Weiler

Hi,

Friend showed some of his DVD movies he created with the "Ken Burns" effects.
Using iMovie format -- several of his transitions displayed "Jiggling" wavy
light areas on some pictures. When he used (and displayed) same pics and same
effects using Roxio Toast software on same computer and iFocus projector he did
not have problem. Any suggestions or comments about iMovie setup?

Thanks,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Pete Rissler

> Friend showed some of his DVD movies he created with the "Ken Burns"
effects.
> Using iMovie format -- several of his transitions displayed "Jiggling"

wavy
> light areas on some pictures. When he used (and displayed) same pics and

same
> effects using Roxio Toast software on same computer and iFocus projector

he did
> not have problem. Any suggestions or comments about iMovie setup?

I've seen a similiar problem using ULead MeadiaStudio Pro v7. It occurs when
I zoom out or show the full image. The image files are from a 5 MP digital
camera. When zoomed in, the image is stable but when zooming out they
becomes "Jiggly". I've attributed the problem to how MediaStudio is
resampling the image.

Here's an example. (26.5 MB file)

http://www.tccycling.com/videos/stanford-paige.mpg

--
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/

Conrad Weiler

Hi Pete,

<< I've seen a similiar problem using ULead MeadiaStudio Pro v7. It occurs when
I zoom out or show the full image. >>

<< Here's an example. (26.5 MB file) >>

<< http://www.tccycling.com/videos/stanford-paige.mpg >>

Yes, that's exactly the "jiggly" effect seen from iMovie.

Thanks,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

switchport effect Gary Cisco 2 12-17-2005 04:24 AM
How does SAA effect Cisco router ? anti00@poczta.onet.pl Cisco 2 09-22-2005 03:44 PM
s/// has apparent side effect on grep() John E. Jardine Perl 2 04-13-2004 08:45 PM
[Vb.net question] how to apply online update function into program (the effect just like Norton system work live update) chan ASP .Net 1 03-04-2004 02:58 PM
Re: Flickering effect SEWilson ASP .Net 0 08-23-2003 03:59 AM

Advertisments