Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > horizontal, vertical resolution (dpi) of image

horizontal, vertical resolution (dpi) of image

Daniel

At what resolution (dpi) does a Sony P72 record images, FINE settings?
When I look at the exif info it displays as 72x72dpi but when I look
at pictures from friends they are all at 300x300dpi. Does the Sony
compress the image more aggressively?

nixjunk

>At what resolution (dpi) does a Sony P72 record images, FINE settings?
>When I look at the exif info it displays as 72x72dpi but when I look
>at pictures from friends they are all at 300x300dpi. Does the Sony
>compress the image more aggressively?

That 72 ppi or 300 ppi means nothing until you go print an actual picture. Just
think of pixel dimensions.