Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless network set up icon

Wireless network set up icon

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZWNpdmls?=

I am using windows XP operating system. I just got wireless router & modem
combine unit from Verizon. My internet is working on desktop computer per
verizon instructions. But, how can I setup wireless network so that my
daughter can use her laptop and share and print files on the printer
connected to the desktop.

I can't find "wireless network set up" icon in control panel. what can I do?
how can I add that icon? wher can I find it?

Ryan Younger

Are you using XP Service Pack 2 with all the latest hotfixes installed?

--
All the best,

Ryan Younger.
Networking Weblog

"davecivil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using windows XP operating system. I just got wireless router & modem
> combine unit from Verizon. My internet is working on desktop computer per
> verizon instructions. But, how can I setup wireless network so that my
> daughter can use her laptop and share and print files on the printer
> connected to the desktop.
>
> I can't find "wireless network set up" icon in control panel. what can I
> do?
> how can I add that icon? wher can I find it?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZWNpdmls?=

yes, i do

"Ryan Younger" wrote:

> Are you using XP Service Pack 2 with all the latest hotfixes installed?
>
> --
> All the best,
>
> Ryan Younger.
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/wirelessnetworking/ - Ryan's Wireless
> Networking Weblog
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "davecivil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am using windows XP operating system. I just got wireless router & modem
> > combine unit from Verizon. My internet is working on desktop computer per
> > verizon instructions. But, how can I setup wireless network so that my
> > daughter can use her laptop and share and print files on the printer
> > connected to the desktop.
> >
> > I can't find "wireless network set up" icon in control panel. what can I
> > do?
> > how can I add that icon? wher can I find it?

Ryan Younger

An alternate way to access the wireless network setup wizard is to click
Start > Help and Support and then type 'wireless network setup wizard' in
the Search box and click the Setting up a wireless network result (should be
4th). Then within the main pane of the help topic click the relevant link
to 'Run the Wireless Network Setup Wizard.'.

--
All the best,

Ryan Younger.
Networking Weblog

(E-Mail Removed)

"davecivil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using windows XP operating system. I just got wireless router & modem
> combine unit from Verizon. My internet is working on desktop computer per
> verizon instructions. But, how can I setup wireless network so that my
> daughter can use her laptop and share and print files on the printer
> connected to the desktop.
>
> I can't find "wireless network set up" icon in control panel. what can I
> do?
> how can I add that icon? wher can I find it?

Tom Eirik Jensen

U have to share your printer, rightclick and choose sharing, choose a name
and enter. You have to do this on a cataloge too.

On the little client computer you have to go to start menu - run, write
\\desktopcomputername\sharenamecatalog and then enter.

When it comes to printer, just add a new printer and choose network
attatched write in the box: \\desktopcomputername\sharenameofprinter

"davecivil" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...