Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > help with batteries

help with batteries

Richard and Shaw Bullington

I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH batteries
(8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in this
camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Richard Bullington

Charles Schuler

"Richard and Shaw Bullington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH

batteries
> (8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in

this
> camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
> takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Richard Bullington

Should be OK.

Norm

When it comes to rechargeable batteries MAH rating, more is better.

"Richard and Shaw Bullington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH

batteries
> (8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in

this
> camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
> takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Richard Bullington

Michael Meissner

"Richard and Shaw Bullington" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH batteries
> (8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in this
> camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
> takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

The 2100 maH is an indication of how much charge the batteries put out (ie,
2100 maH batteries will last longer than the old 1600 maH batteries). Here are
some FAQs:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/m...-batteries.htm
http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/
http://www.crypto.com/chargers/

--
Michael Meissner
http://www.the-meissners.org

Patrick

Perfectly fine... Just don't try to insert all 8 of them at the same time.
Can you tell us how many shots you get out of them?

Patrick.