Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hemispherical's to AVI ?

Hemispherical's to AVI ?

PTRAVEL

news:LJtqc.1659$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a number of 180 degree hemispherical photos that I have used with
> various stitching programs to create some interesting interactive photos.

> think these are often used in the real estate industry to show whole vies

of
> rooms, etc. Th completed photos require a veiwer program or plug-in to
> show.
>
> I would like to incorporate a few of these into some digital slide shows.
> My slide show software can use AVI's as a slide, and plays the movie in
> place of a still, and does so without a hitch utilizing all the effects

and
> transitions of using stills
>
> Is there a program that can produce AVI movies from my stitched
> hemispherical photos? I've seen it done using jpeg stills and I think

even
> stitched cylindrical panorama's but can't find anything for hemispherical
> photos
>
> Thanks
> Jim

Most any decent video editing program will let you pan, track and zoom
across a still image. Imaginate is a stand-alone product that will do this
and create AVIs.

If you go to www.ruyitang.com and click on the India video, you'll see an
opening credit that uses a scan across a stitched still to create the
illusion of a rotating earth. That credits are composited using a variety
of software, but the spinning globe was done in Adobe Premiere.

Bart van der Wolf

news:LJtqc.1659$(E-Mail Removed)...
SNIP
> Is there a program that can produce AVI movies from my stitched
> hemispherical photos? I've seen it done using jpeg stills and I think

even
> stitched cylindrical panorama's but can't find anything for hemispherical
> photos

You may want to check out:
http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/

It offers a Java viewer applet, a PDF panarama display utillity, and a
viewer. It offers webpage examples, etc., for free.

Jim

I have a number of 180 degree hemispherical photos that I have used with
various stitching programs to create some interesting interactive photos. I
think these are often used in the real estate industry to show whole vies of
rooms, etc. Th completed photos require a veiwer program or plug-in to
show.

I would like to incorporate a few of these into some digital slide shows.
My slide show software can use AVI's as a slide, and plays the movie in
place of a still, and does so without a hitch utilizing all the effects and
transitions of using stills

Is there a program that can produce AVI movies from my stitched
hemispherical photos? I've seen it done using jpeg stills and I think even
stitched cylindrical panorama's but can't find anything for hemispherical
photos

Thanks
Jim
(E-Mail Removed)