Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera shops in Manhattan, NY

Camera shops in Manhattan, NY

Matti Savolainen

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
Manhattan?

Thanks

Matti

Richard Kaszeta

"Matti Savolainen" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
> Manhattan?

B&H Photo
420 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10001

--
Richard W Kaszeta
http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

ArtKramr

>Subject: Camera shops in Manhattan, NY
>From: "Matti Savolainen" (E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 5/18/04 5:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>Hi!
>
>Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
>Manhattan?
>
>Thanks
>
>Matti

B&H Photo

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Gadi Ben-Avi

B & H Photo on 9th ave at 34th street
Adorama - 42 West 18th

Gadi
"Matti Savolainen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eLnqc.1813$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi!
>
> Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit

in
> Manhattan?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matti

Bob Stewart

I echo B&H and Adorama, but would add Willoughby's.

Matti Savolainen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
> Manhattan?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matti

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:18:45 +0300, "Matti Savolainen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
>Manhattan?

I have had satisfactory business with three, in no particular order:
Calumet, Adorama, and B&H. I have gone back repeatedly to all of them.

Adorama is on 18th St between 5th and 6th.

Calumet is on 19th between 5th and 6th

B&H is on 9th ave at 34th St.

B&H is the biggest and most imposing-looking store, but all of them
have people who can answer questions. Calumet is a nationwide chain.
The other two I think are single locations.

>Thanks
>
>Matti

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Ask not with whom the buck stops . . .

Any Moose Poster

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rodney Myrvaagnes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> B&H is the biggest and most imposing-looking store, but all of them
> have people who can answer questions. Calumet is a nationwide chain.
> The other two I think are single locations.

B&H is the largest photo retailer in the World.

Michael Meissner

Rodney Myrvaagnes <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:18:45 +0300, "Matti Savolainen"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a good store (gidital cameras & equipment) to visit in
> >Manhattan?
> >

> I have had satisfactory business with three, in no particular order:
> Calumet, Adorama, and B&H. I have gone back repeatedly to all of them.
>
> Adorama is on 18th St between 5th and 6th.
>
> Calumet is on 19th between 5th and 6th
>
> B&H is on 9th ave at 34th St.
>
> B&H is the biggest and most imposing-looking store, but all of them
> have people who can answer questions. Calumet is a nationwide chain.

Calumet also has stores in Europe (England, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium).
From the web site it looks like the headquarters is in Illinois.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Bob Salomon

In article <(E-Mail Removed)-meissners.org>,
Michael Meissner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> From the web site it looks like the headquarters is in Illinois.

Main store. Parent company is in the UK.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Developwebsites

what do you people have against J&R on brdway across from city hall?

however, do stay away from PC Richards, The Zone, any
pakistani/indian/israeli/russian run places.

Adorama is jewish owned, dont go on sat.

*** E-mail is shut off ***