Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony DSC-F717: charger included?

Sony DSC-F717: charger included?

eNo

Did your camera come with a charger?

--
`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,` `,,,,
eNo

eNo

eNo wrote:

> Did your camera come with a charger?

One other question? Will with the DSC-V1 charger work with the DSC-F717?

--
`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,` `,,,,
eNo

Bob Salomon

In article <Yf6qc.2$(E-Mail Removed)>,
eNo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Did your camera come with a charger?

Yes as well as a battery, strap, AV cable, lens cap, etc.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

eNo

Bob Salomon wrote:

> In article <Yf6qc.2$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> eNo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Did your camera come with a charger?

> Yes as well as a battery, strap, AV cable, lens cap, etc.

Glad I asked. I almost pulled the trigger on an order from
digitalliquidators.com. Then I found out they don't give you a charger
with the camera and alledge the camera comes with a battery that only
lasts 40 minutes. Turn on your heels and run the other way. BTW, I also
found out (by looking at the battery port picture @ dpreview.com) that
the DSC-V1 battery charger definitely won't work with it.

--
`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,` `,,,,
eNo

Larry

In article <fx6qc.3$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> eNo wrote:
>
> > Did your camera come with a charger?
> >

> One other question? Will with the DSC-V1 charger work with the DSC-F717?

\

No it will not

(owner of both cameras)

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Rick

"eNo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Hp7qc.4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob Salomon wrote:
>
> > In article <Yf6qc.2$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > eNo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >>Did your camera come with a charger?

> > Yes as well as a battery, strap, AV cable, lens cap, etc.
> >

> Glad I asked. I almost pulled the trigger on an order from
> digitalliquidators.com. Then I found out they don't give you a charger
> with the camera and alledge the camera comes with a battery that only
> lasts 40 minutes. Turn on your heels and run the other way. BTW, I also
> found out (by looking at the battery port picture @ dpreview.com) that
> the DSC-V1 battery charger definitely won't work with it.

Hold on a sec. Their claim about the 40 minute battery is
a crock of ****, but the F-717 does NOT come with an
external charger. It does come with an AC adapter, which
recharges the battery while it's still in the camera.

Rick

Bob Salomon

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> AC adapter, which
> recharges the battery while it's still in the camera

That is a charger. if you want a separate one then you can buy the
travel charger for about $50.00. It is a slow charge. Or you can buy the
larger rapid charger with LCD readout and port for 2 batteries.

With my 717 and my newer 828 I use the Travel Charger. I have both the
older one with AC cord and the newer one with the built-in 120V US plug
that folds into the body. I prefer this one for trips. But they are
slower.

--

"Bob Salomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > AC adapter, which
> > recharges the battery while it's still in the camera

> That is a charger. if you want a separate one then you can buy the
> travel charger for about $50.00. It is a slow charge. Or you can buy the
> larger rapid charger with LCD readout and port for 2 batteries.

I just wanted to make sure the OP wasn't confused. The stock
F717 doesn't come with a way to recharge batteries outside the
camera (what you call a travel charger).

One other point to the OP about the battery, make sure the
dealer isn't confusing 40 minutes with 240 minutes (typo?),
which is about what one gets with a fully charged Sony LI
battery.

Rick