Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > one XMF file transformed by different XSLT-files

one XMF file transformed by different XSLT-files

Philipp Reiss

Hello group,
I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
a browser.
How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?
Thanks for your help!
Philipp

Martin Honnen

Philipp Reiss wrote:

> I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
> I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
> a browser.
> How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

XSLT processors usually have an API to provide the XML input, the XSLT
stylesheet and (optional) parameters to run a transformation. So choose
an XSLT processor and check its documentation on how to run a
transformation.

If you are thinking about doing this client-side in the browser then you
have to use different code for different browsers, IE/Win can use MSXML
3 or later to run XSLT tranformations, the documentation is here
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/6b8e4b12-f090-49e5-a2e4-b8fb913ac320.asp>
Mozilla has Transformiix and exposes an API to JavaScript described here:
<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_the_Mozilla_JavaScript_interface_to_XSL_Tran sformations>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Manuel Collado

Philipp Reiss escribió:
> Hello group,
> I'm new in this topic and I run into problems where google can't help me.
> I have a XML-file, wich is bound to a XSLT-file, and this works fine in
> a browser.
> How do I show the same XML-file with an other XSLT-file?

There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

But I don't know any browser that supports it.
--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address: m.collado -> mcollado

Philipp Reiss

Hi Manuel,

Manuel Collado schrieb:
> There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/
>
> But I don't know any browser that supports it.

thanks for your information.
I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
of the given stylesheets. What does the aprameter 'alternate (yes|no)
"no"' do?
Thanks
Philipp

Manuel Collado

Philipp Reiss escribió:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> Manuel Collado schrieb:
> > There is a W3C Technical Report for specifying alternate stylesheets:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/
> >
> > But I don't know any browser that supports it.

> thanks for your information.
> I read the page you recommende but I don't understand how to select one
> of the given stylesheets.

The browser must provide an option to select the desired style.

To my knowledge, Mozilla/Firefox support this only for HTML/CSS styles.
In the topmenu:

View -> Page style

It doesn't yet provide this facility for XML/XSLT

And MS Internet Explorer doesn't support selectable styles at all.

> What does the parameter 'alternate (yes|no) "no"' do?

"no" is the default value for the "alternate" attribute (assumed "no" if
ommited).

Regards,

XMF 2.0 Open Source Tony Clark Ruby 0 02-22-2008 03:08 PM
Strange Behavior: Hyperlinks are transformed in the Email body from absolute to relative Vlad Koby ASP .Net 0 04-06-2006 05:27 PM
File Timestamp and Saving Transformed XML to Server Greg Collins [MVP] ASP .Net 6 07-12-2004 12:04 PM
Export transformed XML to Excel =?Utf-8?B?TkFsbGVu?= ASP .Net 2 06-01-2004 05:06 PM
Non-english text getting transformed. AC ASP .Net 8 02-26-2004 02:13 PM

Advertisments