Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > can i recover photos after a format

can i recover photos after a format

Tama Mativa

i have a canon A70

can i recover my photos after ive done a format

Marli

Yep, just get some software to do the job for you.
Search google

"Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a5dab7$0$8984$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> i have a canon A70
>
> can i recover my photos after ive done a format

Tama Mativa

i used to be able to connect my camera and it would show in "my computer" as
a drive

this is not happening now, how can i see the camera as a drive so i can
recover my photos

i am running windows 2000

"Marli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yep, just get some software to do the job for you.
> Search google
>

> "Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40a5dab7$0$8984$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > i have a canon A70
> >
> > can i recover my photos after ive done a format

Beck

Tama Mativa wrote:
> i used to be able to connect my camera and it would show in "my
> computer" as a drive
>
> this is not happening now, how can i see the camera as a drive so i
> can recover my photos
>
> i am running windows 2000

Have you installed the camera drivers/software ?

Tama Mativa

yes ive installed the drivers and software and im able to download photos
using the software from the camera to the harddrive

but i remember i used to be able to see the camera as a drive and i could
copy/paste in "my computer"

"Beck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c84pkd$5fs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tama Mativa wrote:
> > i used to be able to connect my camera and it would show in "my
> > computer" as a drive
> >
> > this is not happening now, how can i see the camera as a drive so i
> > can recover my photos
> >
> > i am running windows 2000

> Have you installed the camera drivers/software ?

Marli

I didnt think that with a Canon you could use it as a drive. They do have
that other protocol they use but its not a proper drive as such.

"Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a5eb5b$0$1583$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> yes ive installed the drivers and software and im able to download photos
> using the software from the camera to the harddrive
>
> but i remember i used to be able to see the camera as a drive and i could
> copy/paste in "my computer"
>

> "Beck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c84pkd$5fs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tama Mativa wrote:
> > > i used to be able to connect my camera and it would show in "my
> > > computer" as a drive
> > >
> > > this is not happening now, how can i see the camera as a drive so i
> > > can recover my photos
> > >
> > > i am running windows 2000

> > Have you installed the camera drivers/software ?

ferret

You will need a card reader so that the card appears as a drive and then use
some software such as Photorescue. You can download an eveluation version
from http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/ this will allow you to see what
Photorescue is capable of finding. There are aother software packages -
search via google. Most will allow you to trial them (but not actaully
restore) to see how effective they are.
Hope this helps

Alan

"Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a5dab7$0$8984$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> i have a canon A70
>
> can i recover my photos after ive done a format

jean

If you did the format in the camera, try http://www.recover-my-photos.com/
if you did the format in a card reader, then you could be in deep doodoo.

Jean

"Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:40a5dab7$0$8984$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> i have a canon A70
>
> can i recover my photos after ive done a format

Not for Publication

Yeah...
The camera deletes an image by replacing the first character of the filename
with a special character so the camera sees the space it occupies as being
available to write on.

Deleting files from the card with Windows replaces the first character of
the filename too so if you can't get them back any other way, use Digital
Image Recovery from:
http://www.foto-erhardt.de/ The site is in German but find the red cross and
it's the program. Works like a dream.

WD.
"jean" <look_for@my_email.org> wrote in message
newslCpc.193$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you did the format in the camera, try http://www.recover-my-photos.com/
> if you did the format in a card reader, then you could be in deep doodoo.
>
> Jean
>
> "Tama Mativa" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:40a5dab7$0$8984$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > i have a canon A70
> >
> > can i recover my photos after ive done a format

Chuck McDevitt

http://www.file-rescue.com

Works great for recovering photos after a format.