Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Code 12 installing PCMCIA Wifi

Code 12 installing PCMCIA Wifi

=?Utf-8?B?Z2xhdXJlbnQ=?=

I installed a pcmcia wifi card EW-7108PCG from EDIMAX.
My labtop is a compaq 2152EU with pcmcia Texas instrument chip PCI-1410.
I use windows XP SP2 updated.
I have a message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want
to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this
system. (Code 12)

I disabled nearly everything and it's the same !!!

It seems that we are lot having this problem, probably because of Texas
Instrument chips.

Any comment or idea will be welcome.

Ryan Younger

Have you checked that you are using the latest BIOS version? If you are not
then I would recommend upgrading I have seen similar problems with older
Compaq machines that fail to allocate resources/IRQ's correctly to newer
equipment.

--
All the best,

Ryan Younger.