Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak EasyShare Software

Kodak EasyShare Software

John Wesley Hardin

Is there a way to transfer SELECTED pictures from a DX7630 .When I transfer
to the pc all the photos on the card get transfered.I am using the Kodak
EasyShare software.
Many thanks inadvance.

Thad

John Wesley Hardin wrote:

> Is there a way to transfer SELECTED pictures from a DX7630 .When I transfer
> to the pc all the photos on the card get transfered.I am using the Kodak
> EasyShare software.
> Many thanks inadvance.

Send a ping to Ron Baird. He works for Kodak. He would know.

--

-Thad L.

Paige Miller

On Stardate 5/11/2004 10:34 PM, the following keys were mysteriously
typed at John Wesley Hardin's keyboard...
> Is there a way to transfer SELECTED pictures from a DX7630 .When I transfer
> to the pc all the photos on the card get transfered.I am using the Kodak
> EasyShare software.
> Many thanks inadvance.

I believe that the default option in the software is to transfer every
picture found on the camera. However, if you turn off that option, which
appears as a checkmark in the dialog box that appears when you press the
button on the dock, you will find an option that allows you to transfer
just selected pictures.

Alternatively, just press the button on the dock (WITHOUT starting the
easyshare software) and your camera should be recognized by your
computer as another disk drive. Just pick the picture you want and
transfer it yourself, as you would moving a file from one drive to another.

--
Paige Miller
pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

William Jackson

if you have "one touch transfer" turned on, you'll always transfer all and
you won't have to do anything but press the button on the dock, the SW will
lauch a few seconds and transfer all of the pictures.

If you have one touch transfer turned off, or you cancel the one touch
transfer before the "few seconds" above are up, you'll be given the option
to transfer all or transfer selected.

"John Wesley Hardin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7s1s5$hqe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to transfer SELECTED pictures from a DX7630 .When I

transfer
> to the pc all the photos on the card get transfered.I am using the Kodak
> EasyShare software.
> Many thanks inadvance.

Ron Baird

Hi John,

Yes, as noted in my email to you.

When the software starts you are offered a screen with a little clock that
says all will be transferred unless you say no. Click 'Cancel One-Touch
Transfer!' The next screen offers you several options, with one of them
being Select And Transfer. You can choose what you want to transfer then
have the images moved to your system. You can also select a different
location from the default of MyDocuments\KodakPictures to whatever location
you like as long as it is on your hard drive.

Talk to you soon, John, let me know if I can help. By the way I like your
name and address. The John Hardin of the west was the fastest gun in
history at the time.

Best regards,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company