Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Recover Firefox web search history with history set to 0 days

Recover Firefox web search history with history set to 0 days

Sudip Chakraborty

Hi,

A friend of mine had a couple of websites open with Firefox (on Windows
XP Home) which he
had found after a lot of time and effort. I accidentally closed the
browser windows and he could not recall which sites they were. He had
Firefox history set at 0 days so there is no obvious way to find out
which websites he was viewing.

Can anyone suggest how I can recover this information? Are there
Windows files that I can look into? Is there a way to do this in
Firefox or Google Desktop? I downloaded Google Desktop AFTER the
"accident" so I am not sure whether it will be able to find anything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sudip

gwtc

Sudip Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine had a couple of websites open with Firefox (on Windows
> XP Home) which he
> had found after a lot of time and effort. I accidentally closed the
> browser windows and he could not recall which sites they were. He had
> Firefox history set at 0 days so there is no obvious way to find out
> which websites he was viewing.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can recover this information? Are there
> Windows files that I can look into? Is there a way to do this in
> Firefox or Google Desktop? I downloaded Google Desktop AFTER the
> "accident" so I am not sure whether it will be able to find anything.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Sudip

in the address bar type in about:cache and see if anything shows up there.

Sudip Chakraborty

Thanks. I did that. However, it only shows 35 entries and since I have
used it several times (>100) after that trying to find the website, its
not within that.

Are there any tools that can do some deeper investigation?

Also, I have the Norton Internet Firewall installed. Any idea whether
the firewall would track IP addresses that the browser accesses?

Thanks
Sudip