Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Center the viewfinder

Center the viewfinder

Jon

I have a Sony DSC-V1 digital camera. If I use the optical viewfinder
to fully zoom onto a subject, then center the subject in the
viewfinder, the resulting picture shows the subject slightly off
center. Is this normal with digital cameras, or just this particular
camera?

Ian

Mark B.

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Sony DSC-V1 digital camera. If I use the optical viewfinder
> to fully zoom onto a subject, then center the subject in the
> viewfinder, the resulting picture shows the subject slightly off
> center. Is this normal with digital cameras, or just this particular
> camera?
>
> Ian

Look where the viewfinder is, then look where the lens is. What do you
think? If you want to get *exactly* what is being captured on the sensor,
use the LCD. That's what it's there for.

Mark