Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Gaming > What console will you chose first?

View Poll Results: What console will you pick first?
PS3 3 18.75%
Xbox 360 6 37.50%
Nintendo Revolution 3 18.75%
I <3 PC gaming more 7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

What console will you chose first?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

pft.... 200 bucks. and whats its claiming to have in it... MOST UNLIKELY... Cell hasn't even been made yet and they are making it for the ps3. man u would be lucky to see the console even hit in 2007.. let alone come to us in 2006

i didn't think they would be so stupid, the price they have announced, is quite reasonable for what your getting. but honesty, its not worth paying for it, ur mostly paying for the cell and the nvidia core. if i remember rightly they sent out a prototype ps3 for companies to start making games on, they had intel like cooling problems.

Oh yer Mike. yes there are emulators but to get them u have to be in the business. like buy the SDK's for ps2 and so forth. but i dont think ps3 and xbox360 has emulators, because they connect direct to a network, and possible run games that way...

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Ah well... If I could get emulators for the PS2 and regular XBox I'd be happy.

As for the rumor, actuall X, it's not just a rumor, but whether they'll do it or not is still questionable. And the Cell is made, it exists, the reason the PS3 isn't out is because it generated too much heat and they didn't take that into consideration. (Bonehead idea).

Also, Microsoft has gotten another chip manufacturer to make chips for the XBox360 in addition to IBM. Similar to having Intel and AMD. Read that last night but I forget who the chip maker is.

As for the cost, yes, I have also heard the rumor of them selling the PS3 at a loss and again that's just a rumor, but if it's true it'd be nice, so long as the blasted thing isn't crippled upon arrival with this protection crap.

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modfather
As for the cost, yes, I have also heard the rumor of them selling the PS3 at a loss and again that's just a rumor, but if it's true it'd be nice, so long as the blasted thing isn't crippled upon arrival with this protection crap.
This is not a rummor, They have stated that they will sell the PS3 at a loss. However they never said how much of a loss. 10%, 5%, 1%, 80%... no one knows.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

why dont they just compact the ibm gene into one box and shove it in a xbox 360. then we will have a supercomputer console that will cost millions

Gez, thats a rumor, if a company did that they would be more stupid then mircosoft selling for a 500% profit.. silly boy!!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Uhh, but... er...

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

why am i wrong. seriously why would a company kill themselves? it seems so stupid

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

No, what you said about Microsoft, like, they DO THAT, ya know?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

well its true, cost them less to produce it... alot less then what they sell it for specially the enterprise stuff. lik VS.net and stuff

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Exactly, so it's in opposition to your statement. Which is why I said, er... uh...

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

OK I am serious, there is an article on CNN.com that says that the guys in charge over at sony have said that they will sell the PS3 at a loss.

Now you asked for a reason. Sony plans on launching their new Blue-ray (High Def. DvD) format, agenst HD-DvD. Now if Sony can get millions of people to buy a cheep console that supports 'their' Blue-ray technology, they are going to buy Blue-ray DvDs.

And if you didnt know, the PS2 was sold at a loss to the company as well. They started making a profit on it late last year.