Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My 5050 back from Oly repair center

My 5050 back from Oly repair center

Mike Jacoubowsky

Just got my Olympus 5050 back from Olympus (they had it for about a week).
It had been a wonderful camera for the past 9 months or so, until six weeks
ago when one of my brother's kids knocked it off a table onto a (carpeted)
floor. Not much of a hit, especially compared to the "normal" use I've
given it, carrying it in a relatively-unpadded handlebar bag on my bike, but
something went awry so that photos showed something that looked like scan
lines.

Olympus repaired it under warranty, despite noting it had a couple of
bruises (cracked/scratched top LCD from an earlier encounter), with the
notes saying that the shutter was repaired, checked & either adjusted or
aligned (can't make out the last word). They also updated to 558-82 (it was
previously 558-7.

Boy, I missed my camera when it was gone. Time to do something nice for it,
like maybe spend some time learning how everything works!

And, of course, thanks to Olympus for taking care of it, in warranty, and
pretty quickly.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Steven M. Scharf

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Y0_nc.47168$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Just got my Olympus 5050 back from Olympus (they had it for about a week).
> It had been a wonderful camera for the past 9 months or so, until six

weeks
> ago when one of my brother's kids knocked it off a table onto a (carpeted)
> floor.

My sister-in-laws kid recently knocked my sister-in-law's Canon S50 off of a
table onto the wood floor. Fortunately no apparent damage since the S50 is
made from steel, not aluminum or plastic.

I never will leave my cameras on a table, especially with kids around, but
adults are careless too! I've just seen them knocked off too many times.

Oly 5050 irratic...Please Help.. bill Digital Photography 1 12-24-2003 01:53 AM
Oly C-5050 sa Digital Photography 5 12-20-2003 09:36 PM
Oly C-5050-Z setting flash via jog dial no longer responding Frank H Digital Photography 2 11-22-2003 02:24 PM
Oly 5050 slave flash mode, what's up? Charlie D Digital Photography 1 08-21-2003 10:39 AM
Canon G3 vs. Oly 5050 StuartB54 Digital Photography 3 08-01-2003 08:42 AM

Advertisments