Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Remove date stamp from digital photo, please help.

Remove date stamp from digital photo, please help.

Sapper

How do you remove the date stamp from a digital photo so that the whole
picture can be printed?

I thought I sow this before but can't find it now. Please help.

Thanks

Charles

Sorby

"Sapper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HrTnc.58471$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you remove the date stamp from a digital photo so that the whole
> picture can be printed?
>
> I thought I sow this before but can't find it now. Please help.

You could 'clone' it out using PS or PsP.

If you're not up to that then I'll have a go for you...

.... so long as it really is a date stamp and not a copyright watermark!!

--
Sorby
email : rob (at) robdunsford (dot) com

Beck

Sapper wrote:
> How do you remove the date stamp from a digital photo so that the
> whole picture can be printed?
>
> I thought I sow this before but can't find it now. Please help.

Could be a setting actually in your camera. I am pretty sure my camera has
an option to remove the date stamp. I cannot check for you at the moment as
my batteries are dead

Ron Hunter

Sapper wrote:

> How do you remove the date stamp from a digital photo so that the whole
> picture can be printed?
>
> I thought I sow this before but can't find it now. Please help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles

If you mean turn it off so that it won't appear on your photos, check
your user manual. If you mean how do you get rid of it after taking the
picture, you crop it out, or you use something like PhotoShop to mask
it, or otherwise get rid of it. Specific instructions on that are well
beyond the scope of a newsgroup.

Dave Martindale

"Sapper" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>How do you remove the date stamp from a digital photo so that the whole
>picture can be printed?

How did it get there in the first place? Most digital cameras encode
the date and time into the image file header, but don't make it a
visible part of the picture. Some sofware allows the date to be added
to the image when printed, but it's still not there in the digital image
file.

>I thought I sow this before but can't find it now. Please help.

Since you didn't tell us anything about the camera or software or how
the date got into the image, nobody is likely to be able to help you
much.

Dave

redcat redcat is offline
Junior Member

There is a easy-to-use tool which removes watermarks from multiple photos in a batch mode.
Photo Stamp Remover can be downloaded at
www softorbits com/photo-stamp-remover