Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Purple Ring & Purple spot in many pics

Purple Ring & Purple spot in many pics

mv

Hello,
I am hoping for an answer and a solution to this purple ring and
purple spot in the pic. Happens quite frequently.

Image Link:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/moh...=/b301&.src=ph

This was taken with a Olympus D-220L (good old 640X480 resolution).
Olympus never gave me an answer.
Thanks in advance.

XS400

Ed E.

Do you have any filters on the camera?

BG250

Does it appear if you take a photo of a plain white wall? If not, it could
possibly be the interaction with polarized sky light. It could also be some
odd lens flare.
bg

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/moh...xuijo7Z1&.dir=
/b301&.src=ph

> This was taken with a Olympus D-220L (good old 640X480 resolution).
> Olympus never gave me an answer.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> XS400

Zol.

Hi, I had a brief look, it does look rather symetrical, I wondered if it was something on
the lens maybe smeared or dirty? I think the idea of taking a photo at a white wall is a
good one - also shooting at different colours of card.

Zol.