Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon 5700 - Do I have to use their software

Nikon 5700 - Do I have to use their software

Tavish Muldoon

Hello,

I am still using Windows 98SE.

To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
their software?

I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
hoping to find another way to download the images.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

John H

On 9 May 2004 11:11:07 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tavish Muldoon) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am still using Windows 98SE.
>
>To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
>their software?
>
>I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
>hoping to find another way to download the images.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tmuld.

I used the Nikon View software with my 5700. Usually it would start as soon as I
turned the camera on (camera plugged in to the usb slot). Lately I've had to
start the program manually, then go to 'Tools' and Launch Nikon Transfer. I
assume you've loaded the Nikon software that came with the camera. If not, do
so. Life is simple then.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

David J Taylor

"Tavish Muldoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> I am still using Windows 98SE.
>
> To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
> their software?
>
> I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
> hoping to find another way to download the images.
>
> Suggestions?

Buy a CF card reader.

David

TheNewGuy

On 9 May 2004 11:11:07 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Tavish Muldoon)
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am still using Windows 98SE.
>
>To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
>their software?
>
>I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
>hoping to find another way to download the images.

I don't know why you don't like the Nikon software, but if you get a
CF card reader (about $20). It can act like an additional drive and
you can read the files from there. I have one but still use the Nikon
software, and I also use PhotoShot for editing the images. You can
define the directory the files are put into if that was your problem.

TheNewGuy

On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:14:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)
(TheNewGuy(Mike)) wrote:

>software, and I also use PhotoShot

"PhotoShop"

Glenn Gundlach

(E-Mail Removed) (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hello,
>
> I am still using Windows 98SE.
>
> To transfer images from the camera to the computer - do I have to use
> their software?
>
> I looked at Photoshop - but there were no options under import. I was
> hoping to find another way to download the images.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tmuld.

Card Reader.
GG

Tavish Muldoon

You are correct! I meant Photoshop 7.0. But the import option never
lists my digital camera.

The Nikon Software is installed OK.

Suggestions?

Thanks,