Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Coolpix 5700 problem

Nikon Coolpix 5700 problem

--==BEAR==--

Hello everybody!
In user sets 1, 2, or 3 I want choose from four exposure modes but I can't.
When I change mode in set 1 I see the same mode in sets 2 and 3 and when I
choose another mode in set 2 i see the same in mode 1 and 3. Help! It is
normal?
Dariusz

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:42:12 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "--==BEAR==--"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
> In user sets 1, 2, or 3 I want choose from four exposure modes but I can't.
> When I change mode in set 1 I see the same mode in sets 2 and 3 and when I
> choose another mode in set 2 i see the same in mode 1 and 3. Help! It is
> normal?

This is normal. You need to pay close attention to the wording on p. 68 of
the "fine" manual to figure this out.

By default the camera is set to User Set A, where the camera controls the
majority of camera settings. If you set the camera to User Set 1, 2, or 3,
you can change default settings to suit your needs. Settings that can be
altered in User Sets 1, 2 and 3 are as follows:
Exposure Mode
Sensitivity
Manual Focus
Shooting menu selections.

NOTE: it says Exposure mode can be altered, NOT stored. Only the Shooting
menu settings as listed below this can be stored in User Set.

Choosing a User Set
SHOOTING menu settings for User Sets 1, 2, and 3 are stored separately. If
there is a particular combination of settings you use frequently, you can
select User Set 1 and set the camera to those settings. The camera will
“remember” your settings even when turned off, and will automatically
restore these settings the next time User Set 1 is selected. You can create
further combinations of settings for User Sets 2 and 3, and switch
instantly from one combination of settings to the other simply by selecting
the desired User Set.

Settings for the following menu items are stored separately in each User
Set. The menu icons for these settings (step 3, next page) will turn red
when set to something other than the default setting.
Setting
101 White Balance
103 Metering
104 Continuous
Setting
107 Image Adjustment
108 Saturation Control
109 Lens
106 BSS 114 Image Sharpening*
Setting
80 Manual Focus
100 Shooting Menu Settings 78 Sensitivity (ISO)
70 Exposure Mode
Setting
*Image sharpening is stored separately in each User Set, although the icon
for
the selected setting is not displayed in the monitor.

See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Thank You it works!