Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > online digital printing

online digital printing

zbuzzard

i found an even greater way to save money ... cheaper than ofoto.com,

this company is in singapore www.mydigilab.com i've just recieved my
100 4R prints. they are excellent. I uploaded my 100 photos and placed
my order and paid with my credit card

it only cost me SGD$33.00 + a small amount for postage to the US.
That's like only 20 cents per print. Excellent.

down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail

oh well cant have everything.

just thought i'd share

Bryce

sounds like a crap deal.

"zbuzzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> i found an even greater way to save money ... cheaper than ofoto.com,
>
> this company is in singapore www.mydigilab.com i've just recieved my
> 100 4R prints. they are excellent. I uploaded my 100 photos and placed
> my order and paid with my credit card
>
> it only cost me SGD$33.00 + a small amount for postage to the US.
> That's like only 20 cents per print. Excellent.
>
> down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail
>
> oh well cant have everything.
>
> just thought i'd share

nixjunk

>i found an even greater way to save money ... cheaper than ofoto.com,
>
>this company is in singapore www.mydigilab.com i've just recieved my
>100 4R prints. they are excellent. I uploaded my 100 photos and placed
>my order and paid with my credit card
>
>it only cost me SGD$33.00 + a small amount for postage to the US.
>That's like only 20 cents per print. Excellent.
>
>down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail
>
>oh well cant have everything.
>
>just thought i'd share

Why not just go to a local Costco and get 4x6 prints for 14 cents?

zbuzzard

of course going to cosco is cheaper. But what about quality. Do they
do color correction and all the stuff pro labs are supposed to do ?

and ofoto.com charges a lot more for a similar service.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ixjunk (nixjunk) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >i found an even greater way to save money ... cheaper than ofoto.com,
> >
> >this company is in singapore www.mydigilab.com i've just recieved my
> >100 4R prints. they are excellent. I uploaded my 100 photos and placed
> >my order and paid with my credit card
> >
> >it only cost me SGD$33.00 + a small amount for postage to the US.
> >That's like only 20 cents per print. Excellent.
> >
> >down side is that it took 2 weeks by air mail
> >
> >oh well cant have everything.
> >
> >just thought i'd share
> >

> Why not just go to a local Costco and get 4x6 prints for 14 cents?

nixjunk

>of course going to cosco is cheaper. But what about quality. Do they
>do color correction and all the stuff pro labs are supposed to do ?
>
>and ofoto.com charges a lot more for a similar service.

Why do you need color correction if you are giving them a digital file that
should already be corrected for color, contrast, and sharpness? By default they
will not correct anything because it is assumed the files are correct to begin
with. I get what I see on my screen. Can't ask for more than that.

They print on Fuji Crystal Archive paper and the Costco I use has both Fuji and
Noritsu lab machines but use the Noritsu for digital.

zbuzzard

because i cant be stuffed to do it.

since you're paying ... somebody else can do it.

(E-Mail Removed)ixjunk (nixjunk) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >of course going to cosco is cheaper. But what about quality. Do they
> >do color correction and all the stuff pro labs are supposed to do ?
> >
> >and ofoto.com charges a lot more for a similar service.
> >

> Why do you need color correction if you are giving them a digital file that
> should already be corrected for color, contrast, and sharpness? By default they
> will not correct anything because it is assumed the files are correct to begin
> with. I get what I see on my screen. Can't ask for more than that.
>
> They print on Fuji Crystal Archive paper and the Costco I use has both Fuji and
> Noritsu lab machines but use the Noritsu for digital.

Bryce

"zbuzzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> because i cant be stuffed to do it.
>
> since you're paying ... somebody else can do it.

They ain't gonna be doing it for you.

Why would you think that?

zbuzzard

i think that because i know the good people at mydigilab.com are doing
it for me because the photos i send in are crap, but the prints come
back remarkably good. colour corrected. leveled much better than what
i sent in.

and since they are doing it why would i have to do it since i'm no
pro.

"Bryce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<PfTmc.1416$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "zbuzzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > because i cant be stuffed to do it.
> >
> > since you're paying ... somebody else can do it.
> >

> They ain't gonna be doing it for you.
>
> Why would you think that?

Bryce

great.