Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which batteries can I use for my Kodak dx6340?

Which batteries can I use for my Kodak dx6340?

Darmin

Which batteries are recommended for my Kodak dx6340? I want to get
rechargable batteries! I'm just not sure b/c the manual says not to
use AA batteries but then in the stores almost every charge kit uses
AA batteries. It is confusing. Can anyone help?

grandad

"Darmin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Which batteries are recommended for my Kodak dx6340? I want to get
> rechargable batteries! I'm just not sure b/c the manual says not to
> use AA batteries but then in the stores almost every charge kit uses
> AA batteries. It is confusing. Can anyone help?

I have always used AA batteries in my DX6340. You need to get Ni-MH type.
If you are going to buy a charger then please get one that will charge the
batteries fully in about two hours. Too many of the cheaper chargers can
take about 10 hours to charge.
Mine are 1300mAh but you can now get them up to 2300mAh for a better
service.
Hope this helps.
Jim.

Ron Hunter

Darmin wrote:

> Which batteries are recommended for my Kodak dx6340? I want to get
> rechargable batteries! I'm just not sure b/c the manual says not to
> use AA batteries but then in the stores almost every charge kit uses
> AA batteries. It is confusing. Can anyone help?

I believe the manual says not to use alkaline batteries.
The recommended batteries for that camera are NIMH rechargeables, either
from Kodak, or from a reputable supplier. You will also need a good
charger for the batteries. Get one that charges in 1-3 hours for best
speed and long lasting battery life.
You can also use the CRV3 Lithium disposable batteries if you use you
camera rarely and you want it always to be ready.
The CRV3 batteries have a very long shelf life (10 years), while NIMH
batteries lose their charge in only a few months and will need
recharging before use.

stan@temple.edu

Darmin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Which batteries are recommended for my Kodak dx6340? I want to get
> rechargable batteries! I'm just not sure b/c the manual says not to
> use AA batteries but then in the stores almost every charge kit uses
> AA batteries. It is confusing. Can anyone help?

Use niCad rechargable AA batteries.

Midnight

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Darmin) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Which batteries are recommended for my Kodak dx6340? I want to get
> rechargable batteries! I'm just not sure b/c the manual says not to
> use AA batteries but then in the stores almost every charge kit uses
> AA batteries. It is confusing. Can anyone help?

I bought four UNiROSS AA Rechargable Batteries from
Audiovisualonline.co.uk.

I got the 2300mAh type. I find that I get many hours of use out of
them.

Back in Febuary this was the cheapest place I could find them:
http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/d...k/display.html

Free delivery too.

Good luck!

Mike Lane

Midnight <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I bought four UNiROSS AA Rechargable Batteries from
> Audiovisualonline.co.uk.
>
> I got the 2300mAh type. I find that I get many hours of use out of
> them.

> Back in Febuary this was the cheapest place I could find them:

I bought exactly the same, much cheaper, here:

http://battery-shed.com/acatalog/Bat..._Batteries_101
..html

Very fast delivery (next day). Postage is charged at cost.

--
Mike Lane, North Yorkshire, UK.
To reply by email replace 'invalid' by mike<underscore>lane

Midnight Moocher

"Mike Lane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:1gdnwqf.licgrl1604bsjN%(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Midnight <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I bought four UNiROSS AA Rechargable Batteries from
> > Audiovisualonline.co.uk.
> >
> > I got the 2300mAh type. I find that I get many hours of use out of
> > them.

> > Back in Febuary this was the cheapest place I could find them:

> I bought exactly the same, much cheaper, here:
>
> http://battery-shed.com/acatalog/Bat..._Batteries_101
> .html
>
> Very fast delivery (next day). Postage is charged at cost.
>
> --
> Mike Lane, North Yorkshire, UK.
> To reply by email replace 'invalid' by mike<underscore>lane

Now bookmarked. Thanks

George

I've been using the Rayovac 15-minute recharchables for several months
now without a glitch recharching several times...and get many hours of
camera use before recharge required.

The charger with two AA batteries at walmart for $28 ...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...3A57907%3A4402

hard to beat i think