Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony F828 ??

Sony F828 ??

Pilot Pete

Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
i would like to hear from any current users out there too.

Phil.

Mark B.

&
> i would like to hear from any current users out there too.
>
> Phil.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/

Bob Salomon

In article <40951220@212.67.96.135>,
"Pilot Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
> i would like to hear from any current users out there too.
>
> Phil.

I sold my 717 for the 828. What do you want to know? Other then "am I
satisfied"? The answer to that is yes.

My only complaint is the size.

--
HP Marketing Corp. www.hpmarketingcorp.com Ansmann, Braun, Combina,
DF, Ergorest, Gepe, Gepe-Pro, Giottos, Heliopan, Kaiser, Kopho, Linhof,

Bill Hilton

>From: "Pilot Pete" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
>i would like to hear from any current users out there too.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re.../sony828.shtml .. he has a
list of three other reviews near the bottom.

Also http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...oosing-8.shtml where
he rates the 8 Mpix cameras.

Bill

bmoag

I have one: an extraordinary machine. The only other 8mp EVF finder camera I
would consider is the Minolta: same zoom range, anti-shake, smaller and
lighter. I have not seen "purple fringe" in at least a thousand exposures
and the sensor seems more resistant to moire than what I have seen from
DSLRs.
The main criticisms:
-the electronic viewfinder (EVF) in these cameras can make following action
in bright light difficult. dSLR TTL direct view is superior.
-the fixed lens with with short focal lengths yields more depth of field
even at wide open aperture than might be desirable and limits the smallest
f-stop to about f8 because of diffraction effects.
-limited ability to adjust the onboard flash levels for fill. However the
camera works well with non-Sony external flash and you can review and
reshoot if you don't like the result.
-Not a dSLR (some people just can't get past that).

Paul H.

> Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please

&
> i would like to hear from any current users out there too.
>
> Phil.

check out

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re.../sony828.shtml

Bill Hilton

>From: "bmoag" (E-Mail Removed)

>I have one: an extraordinary machine.
>
>The main criticisms: <snip>

How about the slow write times for RAW files, do consider this a problem or do
you only shoot jpegs?

Albert Nurick

Bob Salomon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I sold my 717 for the 828. What do you want to know? Other then "am I
> satisfied"? The answer to that is yes.
>
> My only complaint is the size.

Hi, Bob. I moved to the 828 from a 707, and I *prefer* the size of the
828; the camera feels better much better and more stable in my hands.

--
Albert Nurick | www.TheDeliciousLife.com
(E-Mail Removed) | Your Guide to Restaurants

LOnGliVDfAjTerS

Pilot Pete wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera
> please & i would like to hear from any current users out there too.
>
> Phil.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re.../sony828.shtml
http://www.shaystephens.com/f828.asp
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/f828.html
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/

....in english)

--
LOngLiVdFajTeRs

=?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

"Pilot Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:40951220@212.67.96.135...
:Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
:i would like to hear from any current users out there too.

hil.
The strangest purple fringe I've seen so far was in a scene I took
where a woman was wearing a light peach business suit jacket.
It was an outdoor shot on a over cast day. The effected area
was around her shoulder and it didn't matter what the background
was. The fringing shows up more on screen than in the subsequent
prints. As a matter of fact, any outdoor shots that may have fringe
only occur on overcast days. And to put things in perspective, 3
out of 200 shots had purple fringe on that day.
I had an Olympus before this one. Group skin tones were hell.
It also had a very irritating greenish overcast. I spent most of my
time working these things out of each image. Now, basically I
crop for standard size, occasionally do a .7 @ 40% unsharp mask,
and resave the file for later printing. Honestly, that's it 99.9%of the time.

mark_

Sony F828 Rick Digital Photography 9 09-02-2003 04:49 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Gerard McGovern Digital Photography 30 08-29-2003 03:34 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Petzl Digital Photography 4 08-23-2003 12:50 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? BUNTOVNIK Digital Photography 15 08-21-2003 09:36 PM
Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now? Michael Meissner Digital Photography 2 08-20-2003 02:56 PM

Advertisments