Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question on Capacity of AA Nickel-Metal Rechargeables

Question on Capacity of AA Nickel-Metal Rechargeables

eb

I have some 2000s and was going to upgrade to 2400s. It then occurred
to me that I would regret buying 2400s tomorrow if I then heard that
something appreciably higher was just around the corner. So, does
anyone know how close 2600s or something larger are (or if they are
here already and just not on adorama or b&h's website)? Thanks

Marli

It is debatable that the 2400 or 2600 will actually give you any more life.
Test have shown that they never live up to there rating....

"eb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have some 2000s and was going to upgrade to 2400s. It then occurred
> to me that I would regret buying 2400s tomorrow if I then heard that
> something appreciably higher was just around the corner. So, does
> anyone know how close 2600s or something larger are (or if they are
> here already and just not on adorama or b&h's website)? Thanks

Charlie Self

esb100 asks:

>I have some 2000s and was going to upgrade to 2400s. It then occurred
>to me that I would regret buying 2400s tomorrow if I then heard that
>something appreciably higher was just around the corner. So, does
>anyone know how close 2600s or something larger are (or if they are
>here already and just not on adorama or b&h's website)?

I know one company is developing 2500s. But so what? Does that mean the 2400s
you buy today will stop working the day the next step up comes out?

Charlie Self
"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." Napoleon Bonaparte

Banjopikr1

>Question on Capacity of AA Nickel-Metal Rechargeables

I have a Digipower DPS-8000 power pack. Rated at 6v., 2700mah. Made from 5 AA
size NIMH batteries. Its at least 2 years old. So the hi capacity batteries
have been around for a while.

NoahVale@webtv.net

A friend has an 8-pack of Energizer AA NiMh batteries that are labelled
2400 mAh.

The package is marked NH15BP-8, UPN-101816 and 2400 mAh.

I highest mAh rated Energizer AA NiMh batteries that I have been able to
find are labelled 2100 mAh.

However, the package has the same product number as the one labelled
2400 mAh.

From the best that I have been able to find out, they are the same
batteries, but have just been rated lower.

Does anyone have the true story on these?

E-mail welcome.

Dave Cohen

It's easier to just carry spares and stay with whatever is available.
Dave Cohen