Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird and OpenOffice.org 2.0

Thunderbird and OpenOffice.org 2.0

Dennis J. Tuchler

Is there a way to have OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and writer
applications use one of the Thunderbird address books, so that the
reference each time is to a fresh version of that address book?

Thanks

dj tuchler

gwtc

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> Is there a way to have OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and writer
> applications use one of the Thunderbird address books, so that the
> reference each time is to a fresh version of that address book?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj tuchler

Not that I'm aware of.

Leonidas Jones

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> Is there a way to have OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and writer
> applications use one of the Thunderbird address books, so that the
> reference each time is to a fresh version of that address book?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj tuchler

I think you can, but its an Open Office setting, not a TB one. Sorry I
don't have an answer off the top of my head, but look in the OO.o
configuration.

Lee

John Thompson

On 2005-11-20, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>> Is there a way to have OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and writer
>> applications use one of the Thunderbird address books, so that the
>> reference each time is to a fresh version of that address book?

> I think you can, but its an Open Office setting, not a TB one. Sorry I
> don't have an answer off the top of my head, but look in the OO.o
> configuration.

With OOo-2.0: "File...Wizards...Address Data Source" and follow the
prompts.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Tom Schluter

John Thompson wrote:
> On 2005-11-20, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>>> Is there a way to have OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet and writer
>>> applications use one of the Thunderbird address books, so that the
>>> reference each time is to a fresh version of that address book?

>> I think you can, but its an Open Office setting, not a TB one. Sorry I
>> don't have an answer off the top of my head, but look in the OO.o
>> configuration.

> With OOo-2.0: "File...Wizards...Address Data Source" and follow the
> prompts.

This method results in the following error message:

"SQL Status: S1000

No Mozilla Addressbook Directories Exist"

T-bird 1.5 was running at the time I tried executing the wizard.