Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > polarized lens cleaning

polarized lens cleaning

greensteak

OK, I have a small mystery that could use some light shed upon.

I use a little air brush for most lens cleaning. Just a few brushes,
and dust b' gone.

I have the Sony DSC f717, and have following attachments, all Sony:
0.6x wide angle lens, 2x zoom lens, circular neutral density filter,
and polarized lens filter.

The brush is fine for all but the polarized. When I brush it, holding
it at just the right angle to see anything that may be on it, the
brush strokes actually leave behind little "smudgettes" that have to
be removed with lens cleaner solution. If the brush was dirty, I would
think it would leave these on every piece of glass it touched, but it
doesn't. The brush is kept clean. There is no substance on the brush
to my knowledge. The smudgettes have to related to the surface
characteristics of the polarized lens.

Can anybody enlighten me on what this is?

Thanks,

GS

Lens cleaning Norm Digital Photography 8 09-30-2004 05:05 PM
Lens cleaning Paul Westwell Digital Photography 22 09-20-2004 06:39 PM
Cleaning lens on Kodak CX-6230 Stephen P. Stoffer Digital Photography 2 03-05-2004 07:25 PM
Cleaning lens Phil Digital Photography 15 01-29-2004 08:21 PM
sensor cleaning witha lens pen !!!! badgerthedeadfish Digital Photography 15 12-12-2003 12:57 AM

Advertisments