Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting to the office network from home wireless

Connecting to the office network from home wireless

b_branford@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have a wireless network at home but am unable to connect to the
office modem. However, last week I was at a hotel which had a wireless
network and I had no problem connecting.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

brad

Laptop OS: Windows XP
Wireless Router at Home: Linksys

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a wireless network at home but am unable to connect to the
> office modem. However, last week I was at a hotel which had a wireless
> network and I had no problem connecting.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> brad
>
> Laptop OS: Windows XP
> Wireless Router at Home: Linksys

What do you mean by "office modem"? What are you trying to connect to in
your office, and how?

__spc__

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a wireless network at home but am unable to connect to the
> office modem. However, last week I was at a hotel which had a wireless
> network and I had no problem connecting.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> brad
>
> Laptop OS: Windows XP
> Wireless Router at Home: Linksys

Sorry, I would love to try and help, but I am not clairvoyant, and know not
what your hardware setup is...