Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?

Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?

norm

Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
thanks

Moz Champion

norm wrote:
> Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
> thanks

From Thunderbird System Requirements
> Operating Systems
>
> * Windows 98
> * Windows 98SE
> * Windows ME
> * Windows NT 4.0
> * Windows 2000
> * Windows XP (Recommended)
>
> Minimum Hardware
>
> * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
> * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
> * 52 MB hard drive space

There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows 95,
but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that system
and if you encounter problems you may not find much help available. And
no, I dont know how the users made it work.

Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95

Aido

Moz Champion wrote:
> norm wrote:
>
>> Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
>> thanks

> From Thunderbird System Requirements
>
>> Operating Systems
>>
>> * Windows 98
>> * Windows 98SE
>> * Windows ME
>> * Windows NT 4.0
>> * Windows 2000
>> * Windows XP (Recommended)
>>
>> Minimum Hardware
>>
>> * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
>> * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
>> * 52 MB hard drive space

> There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows 95,
> but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that system
> and if you encounter problems you may not find much help available. And
> no, I dont know how the users made it work.
>
> Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95

LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is a
Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.

Aido.

Moz Champion

Aido wrote:
> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> norm wrote:
>>
>>> Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
>>> thanks
>>> N

>> From Thunderbird System Requirements
>>
>>> Operating Systems
>>>
>>> * Windows 98
>>> * Windows 98SE
>>> * Windows ME
>>> * Windows NT 4.0
>>> * Windows 2000
>>> * Windows XP (Recommended)
>>>
>>> Minimum Hardware
>>>
>>> * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
>>> * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
>>> * 52 MB hard drive space

>> There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows
>> 95, but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that
>> system and if you encounter problems you may not find much help
>> available. And no, I dont know how the users made it work.
>>
>> Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95

> LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is a
> Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
>
> Aido.

Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>

Aljosha Filippov

Moz Champion wrote:
> Aido wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion wrote:

>>> From Thunderbird System Requirements

>>> There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows
>>> 95, but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that
>>> system and if you encounter problems you may not find much help
>>> available. And no, I dont know how the users made it work.
>>>
>>> Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from
>>> Windows 95

>> LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is
>> a Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
>>
>> Aido.

> Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>

Did you try it? Did it give your errs? Could you post them, then?
Aljosha

Moz Champion (Dan)

Aljosha Filippov wrote:
> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> Aido wrote:

>>> LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine
>>> is a Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
>>>
>>> Aido.

>> Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>

> Did you try it? Did it give your errs? Could you post them, then?
> Aljosha

I didnt, for the reasons outlined above. You should ask Aido for his
assistance