Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Refurbished Canon A80 deal

Refurbished Canon A80 deal

Tripurari Singh

Someone's selling refurbished A80 + 256MB card + bag + tripod for $260
on ebay. He has over 20 of them. The only catch that I can see is end
of May shipping.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30014&item=3812624 621&rd=1>

I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!

Thanks,
Tripurari

R2D2

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tripurari Singh) wrote

> I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!

1. You might never get what you ordered....the time delay is supicious. Did
you ask the "seller" why such a delay?

2. I would stay way from refurbs in the digital camera market. Sensors have
a short lifespans as it is.

Tripod

> I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
>
> Thanks,
> Tripurari

I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
month <G>

Tripurari Singh

"Tripod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c6r3i2$f7dpj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tripurari

> I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
> while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
> month <G>

Except that the seller has 5 years of good reviews. He could sacrifice
it all for a one time scam, but is he likely to?

-T

Dave Herzstein

Tripurari Singh wrote:

> "Tripod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c6r3i2$f7dpj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> > > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tripurari

> > I'm sure it will turn out fine if you don't mind them having your money now,
> > while you *might* get a used camera with some cheap accessories in over a
> > month <G>

> Except that the seller has 5 years of good reviews. He could sacrifice
> it all for a one time scam, but is he likely to?
>
> -T

Of his last 13 transactions (since Sept 2003):
Items he sold:
1 neutral: <I have sent an email regarding shipment status but no reply
from seller.>
2 positives: <honest seller. offered a refund +$10 due to delay. thank
you.>
<Fantastic seller. Great transaction. Wonderful communication.>
1 negative: <Equip. never worked, no refund or response, very upset w/
seller >
Items he bought:
9 positives

However, one of those positive feedbacks was for the sale of a Canon
A80.

-Dave

wiley

(E-Mail Removed) (Tripurari Singh) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Someone's selling refurbished A80 + 256MB card + bag + tripod for $260
> on ebay. He has over 20 of them. The only catch that I can see is end
> of May shipping.
>
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30014&item=3812624 621&rd=1>
>
> I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
>
> Thanks,
> Tripurari

I agree with the others, i sell on ebay, and there is a 30 day limit
to file charge backs with paypal and ebay,(i believe), try to pay with
a credit card, get his contact information ... why is he selling a
month ahead of time, selling something he doesnt have. Go to Group:
alt . marketing . online . ebay and ask around or ebay's web boards,
sounds like a scam....

Tripurari Singh

(E-Mail Removed) (wiley) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Tripurari Singh) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Someone's selling refurbished A80 + 256MB card + bag + tripod for $260
> > on ebay. He has over 20 of them. The only catch that I can see is end
> > of May shipping.
> >
> > <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30014&item=3812624 621&rd=1>
> >
> > I have ordered one for myself, please tell me if you find a catch!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tripurari

> I agree with the others, i sell on ebay, and there is a 30 day limit
> to file charge backs with paypal and ebay,(i believe), try to pay with
> a credit card, get his contact information ... why is he selling a
> month ahead of time, selling something he doesnt have. Go to Group:
> alt . marketing . online . ebay and ask around or ebay's web boards,
> sounds like a scam....

Thanks for your suggestions. I just looked through the seller's
history, and it turns out that he had done the same thing twice in the
last two months. He demands payment immediately and delivers after a
month. No (serious) complaints so far. Perhaps he has a cash flow
problem.

-Tripurari