Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How install .xpi file into firefox?

How install .xpi file into firefox?

trs80

I downloaded version 3 of the faviconpicker file. Its a .xpi file. Not
what do I do with it to install it into Firefox 1.5.

thanks

gwtc

trs80 wrote:

> I downloaded version 3 of the faviconpicker file. Its a .xpi file. Not
> what do I do with it to install it into Firefox 1.5.
>
> thanks

File, Open, find the file and install it that way.

schrodinger's cat

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:57:11 -0800 gwtc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>trs80 wrote:
>
>> I downloaded version 3 of the faviconpicker file. Its a .xpi file. Not
>> what do I do with it to install it into Firefox 1.5.
>>
>> thanks
>>

>File, Open, find the file and install it that way.

Or, open Firefox, open the folder where you put the xpi, and just drag
the xpi onto the Firefox window. It will install itself.
--
schrodinger's cat

trs80

ok..thanks!
"schrodinger's cat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:57:11 -0800 gwtc
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>trs80 wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded version 3 of the faviconpicker file. Its a .xpi file. Not
>>> what do I do with it to install it into Firefox 1.5.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>>File, Open, find the file and install it that way.

> Or, open Firefox, open the folder where you put the xpi, and just drag
> the xpi onto the Firefox window. It will install itself.
> --
> schrodinger's cat

teepireddy teepireddy is offline
Junior Member

Thanks, it helped me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodinger's cat View Post