Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Setting up home wireless network

Setting up home wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?bm92b3M1MUB5YWhvby5jb20=?=

I have a Netgear MR814 router that I bought used and a Tenda Mini USB
adapter. When the router is running the network with no security I connect
fine. When I set WEP authorization on the router and set the account up with
the access code I get limited access. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, even
attempted to just log right into the router from the found wireless network
screen. I type in the authorization and it tells me that the router failed
to assign a network address. Someone please help. Respond here or mail to
Thans

=?Utf-8?B?YXJtc3Ryb25n?=

hi there,
try and uninstall your router and then reinstall it the software before you
install the hardware and make sure to follow all the instruction on screen
and this time try to select the WEP with four keys and a pass phrase and now
select the your wireless connection select it and click on properties and
enter the key there and select the option (the key is provided for me
automatically) and click ok . if this dons'nt work then forget about wep
simply go back to the router setup and choose the mac address option cause
that is also very secure good luck
ahmad armstrong

=?Utf-8?B?bm92b3M1MUB5YWhvby5jb20=?=

tried that, when I enter the WEP into windows networking, the key dissapears
and defaults back to something else when I click ok

"armstrong" wrote:

> hi there,
> try and uninstall your router and then reinstall it the software before you
> install the hardware and make sure to follow all the instruction on screen
> and this time try to select the WEP with four keys and a pass phrase and now
> select the your wireless connection select it and click on properties and
> enter the key there and select the option (the key is provided for me
> automatically) and click ok . if this dons'nt work then forget about wep
> simply go back to the router setup and choose the mac address option cause
> that is also very secure good luck
> ahmad armstrong

arook1427 arook1427 is offline
Junior Member

You should attempt to reset the router and make sure your encryption is the same when you enter in your key into the properties menu. For advanced wireless security information visit CXtec's website. They can assist you with anything and they also have a vast selection of network cables.