Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cheapest UK Nikon D70 with lens

Cheapest UK Nikon D70 with lens

Byron Hinson

Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70 with
the lens?

--
Byron Hinson
Microsoft MVP

samsung

Cheapest Cheapest , or Cheapest Best..
I would recomend www.7dayshop.com, maybe a tenner more than the lowest of
the lowest prices, but well worth it for the after sales service etc, which
the real cheapo's can't compete on...

"Byron Hinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70 with
> the lens?
>
> --
> Byron Hinson
> Microsoft MVP
> ActiveWin - Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com
> Designer Dream: http://www.designerdream.co.uk

Phil

"Byron Hinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70 with
> the lens?
>
> --
> Byron Hinson
> Microsoft MVP
> ActiveWin - Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com
> Designer Dream: http://www.designerdream.co.uk

I always check out on pricerunner. Often has cheapest but sometimes just
need to trawl through the endless UK sites.

http://uk.pricerunner.com/

Good luck

Phil

David J Taylor

> "Byron Hinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

with
> > the lens?
> >
> > --
> > Byron Hinson

Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....

David

Phil

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
message newslmjc.3022$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Byron Hinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

> with
> > > the lens?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Byron Hinson

> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
>
> David

Will they price match with something found on web site?

Phil

samsung

> > > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

> with
> > > the lens?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Byron Hinson

> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
>
> David

Jessops will not price match an internet site--- I've tried it... They will
not even match prices in UK photography magazines....

David J Taylor

"Phil" <reply to group> wrote in message
news:408dff4a$0$31673$(E-Mail Removed).. .
[]

> > Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
> >
> > David

> Will they price match with something found on web site?
>
> Phil

Yes, but the item must be in stock at the Web site in question. I took in
a list of several Web sites with Minolta A2 prices (and phone numbers
etc.) and Jessops matched them (632 instead of their list of 749.90).

I see that someone else says they wouldn't do price-matching for him.
They did for me.

Cheers,
David

Ronnie McKinley

In rec.photo.digital "samsung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> with

>> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
>>
>> David

>Jessops will not price match an internet site--- I've tried it... They will
>not even match prices in UK photography magazines....

Jessops price matched with Amazon.co.uk for me. About 5-6 weeks ago. Amazon
advertised the 300D c/w lens kit for, 799 (including free delivery) - took
the info into Jessops (Lisburn, Co.Antrim) and they matched the price. Got
the 300D straight from their stock for 799 all in, no problem.

I see today Amazon now have the 300D camera/kit for 779

"Availability: usually dispatched within 24 hours" - Jessops can't argue with
that.

I note they (Amazon) are listing the D70 kit for 999, but you could probably
do better than that. Of course Amazon will price match as well.

--
Ronnie

zorg

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:35:50 +0100, "Phil" <reply to group> wrote:

>"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
>message newslmjc.3022$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > "Byron Hinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> with

>> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
>>
>> David

>Will they price match with something found on web site?

Yes. It has to be a UK site and in stock. I was asked to take a printout
from the website into Jessops. In the end, I did not test it, as I was
after a D70 body only and they don't stock that.

>Phil

hrfdREM@btinternet.com

I was wondering around Dixons on Saturday and saw the D70 kit with a 850
price sticker on it. I'd looked in Jessops earlier and their price was
1,200. (non in stock, 1 gig mem card included) Another shop, Melgray had
the kit for 1,100.

Thinking Dixons had made a pricing mistake I bought the D70 there and then.
I had intended waiting a while. I checked on the web later and the price was
correct. Amazon also have it 850. the cheapest I've seen so far.

Mick