Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Raw Image Converter for 10D

Canon Raw Image Converter for 10D

Lisa Horton

George Preddy wrote:

> I thought

It's good to try new things!

Lisa

Bill Hilton

>From: Lisa Horton http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

> Although I gave it a superficial trial and didn't care for it,
> I think I'll take another look

Hi Lisa,

Here are some links to sites comparing C1 output to various other solutions.
They are seeing pretty much what I'm seeing. Note these sites were linked from
the C1 Help files (Addendums > Useful Web Links > RAW converter comparisons) so
obviously not an unbiased source, but here they are. If someone has links
showing the opposite (that the Canon converter or CS does better) I'd like to
see them too, but I haven't come across any links showing that.

http://www.lashier.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=20503&gal_col=2 ... and especially his
'conclusions' page at ...
http://www.lashier.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=20521&gal_col=7

http://www.photographics.at/Canon_Ph..._phaseone.html (especially the
text in the left column)

http://www.rogercavanagh.com/helpinfo/19_c1vsbb.htm
http://www.chaddahlquist.com/software/convertor.jpg
http://pictureflow.com/CaptureOne/Pages/C1-Comp-JD.html (this guy is affiliated
with Phase One, note)

Be sure to set up the color management page (Workflow > Show Color Management
Settings) and assign your monitor ICM profile at the bottom of this dialog box,
since C1 is color managed.

If you want to see a small crop from one of my files I'll send you part of an
Canon 1Ds owl shot showing eye detail and showing the out of focus background
with both C1 and CS. That conversion was enough to convince me, but you should
be able to see it in your 10D files too. I recently convinced a friend on the
r.p.technique.nature NG to try C1 LE with her 10D and this is what she wrote
back ... "I tried it on a couple of shots, and I was AMAZED at how much better
the
conversion was than ZoomBrowser. I have decided to get the LE version at the
next paycheck."

Bill

George Preddy

Lisa Horton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> George Preddy wrote:
> >

> > I thought

> It's good to try new things!

But not when the new things are pricey add-on RAW software, required
because your DSLR manufacturer is totally incompetent when it comes to
digital.

Ronnie McKinley

In rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)dy (Bill Hilton) wrote:

> I recently convinced a friend on the
>r.p.technique.nature NG to try C1 LE with her 10D and this is what she wrote
>back ... "I tried it on a couple of shots, and I was AMAZED at how much better
>the
>conversion was than ZoomBrowser. I have decided to get the LE version at the
>next paycheck."

FWIW .. I'm now using the C1 Rebel program with my Canon 300D. Having been
previously using the free bundled Canon software which came with the 300D.
There is IMO no comparison, the C1 (Rebel in my case) software is just miles
better. So good it has reinstated my support of the RAW file, I was about to
just ditch RAW in favour of jpg. Not now as with the C1 software one can
instantly see the benefits of RAW.

--
Ronnie

Crownfield

Lisa Horton wrote:

> George Preddy wrote:
> >

> > I thought

> It's good to try new things!

and thus you win "The Laugh of the Day Award" !!

thanks.

> Lisa

Steve Hoffmann

Capture One DSLR, BreezeBrowser, Canon File Viewer and Adobe's Camera
RAW with 10D conversions as comparison examples.

http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawco...converters.htm

--
Steve Hoffmann
http://www.sphoto.com