Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon digital Rebel and Canon EZ speedlite flash

Canon digital Rebel and Canon EZ speedlite flash

Art Harrington

I'm trying to figure out how to use this combo flash and camera. I haven't
been able to get the flash to fire yet while on the Digital Rebel's hot
shoe. I read in the manual that the camera has to be used in manaul mode.
Has anyone tried this combo or does anyone have any ideas how to get this to
work. I know the camera has a built in flash but since I have this flash and
I'd like to use it also. Thanks.

Savidge4

>I'm trying to figure out how to use this combo flash and camera. I haven't
>been able to get the flash to fire yet while on the Digital Rebel's hot
>shoe. I read in the manual that the camera has to be used in manaul mode.
>Has anyone tried this combo or does anyone have any ideas how to get this to
>work. I know the camera has a built in flash but since I have this flash and
>I'd like to use it also. Thanks.

I could be talking totally out of my backside here but I am under the
impression that you need the EX flashes for the Canon Digitals. In particular
if you look to page 134 in the online Canon manual
(http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel...oad/manual.pdf) it clearly states
the need for a EX flash.

Again i personally would not take what i say on this subject as the holy grail,
just trying to help!