Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Unusal problem with my ROC-7

Unusal problem with my ROC-7

Lago Jardin

Hi
I bought a Ricoh ROC-7 from Nomatica in Siege via the internet on 6/12/2001.

I have found the camera to be excellent. However, after d/l some pictures
when I came to use my camera again, I found that most of the controls would
not work except the dioptor knob. The LCD monitor is fine and I can see a
picture both old and proposed picture. The zoom, shutter, erase, settings,
int/card, operation panel buttons will not change. However, if I use the
remote control the camera works normally.I have also tried removing the
SmartMedia card. I have tried following the reset instructions(remove
battery etc) and also pressing the reset button but these do not clear the
fault. I am from Leeds in the UK but I live in Spain. The camera has not
been dropped or damaged in any way.

Does anyone have any idea of the likely fault and any solution please. I
understand that there are some camera repair manuals available. Anyone any
info on these if relevant please.

Thanks

Nigel Smith

---