Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Stylus 400 vs 410

Stylus 400 vs 410

MJD1969

I'm planning on picking up a second point and shoot camera for my wife. I
really like the styling of the Olympus Stylus line. I can pick up the 400
really cheap. I've read a few complaints about the picture quality, especially
in low light. Other reviews just praised the camera. I know the 410 is out now
and it's about $150 more than what I can get the 400 for. Is it worth the
upgrade? Did the 410 fix the problems found with the 400?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Fuzzy Logic

[posted and mailed]

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (MJD1969) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm planning on picking up a second point and shoot camera for my wife.
> I really like the styling of the Olympus Stylus line. I can pick up the
> 400 really cheap. I've read a few complaints about the picture quality,
> especially in low light. Other reviews just praised the camera. I know
> the 410 is out now and it's about $150 more than what I can get the 400
> for. Is it worth the upgrade? Did the 410 fix the problems found with
> the 400?

The only real change is the addition of a Print/Share button on the back.
Not worth the $150 IMO. By the way I have had a S400 for close to a year and
I am still very happy with it. I am not aware of any problems.

More info here:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...hot_s410_s500-
review/index.shtml

The above is one long line that may have wrapped.

My low light story:

I live in a condo with an underground parkade that has fairly dim lighting.
One of my neighbours bought a new car that I was curious about and attempted
to look at the interior through the window. It was too dark to make out much
of anything (I couldn't even tell if it was a manual or automatic
transmission). I had my camera with me and it was set on full-auto. I aimed
at the interior of the car and took a picture (the flash discharged and the
camera display showed a fairly good image of the interior of the car). When
I looked at the picture on the computer I could read the text on the CD
cases on the seat of the car (which I didn't even know where there with
existing light). I was very impressed.

Ken Alverson

"Fuzzy Logic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> [posted and mailed]
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (MJD1969) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I'm planning on picking up a second point and shoot camera for my wife.
> > I really like the styling of the Olympus Stylus line.

> The only real change is the addition of a Print/Share button on the back.
> Not worth the $150 IMO. By the way I have had a S400 for close to a year and
> I am still very happy with it. I am not aware of any problems.

The OP was asking about the Olympus Stylus 400 vs 410. Not the Canon
Powershot S400 vs S410. Different cameras.

Ken