Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which one focus faster?

Which one focus faster?

wallace wong

Hello All,

Who can tell me which digital camera focusing is faster such Nikon D70,
D100, Canon 10D, 300D?

The main different between D70 & D100.

Thanks a lot!

B.A.S.

wallace wong wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Who can tell me which digital camera focusing is faster such Nikon D70,
> D100, Canon 10D, 300D?
>
> The main different between D70 & D100.
>
> Thanks a lot!

I have the D70 and am very pleased with the focusing speed and shutter
lag (or lack thereof). I'm using it with the AF-S Nikkor 24-85 G lens,
and the focusing is very fast. I was waiting for a DSLR to come in under
$1000, with focusing speed and shutter lag comparable to the best film
SLR's, and the D70 meets that criteria ably. Very pleased with the
results shooting soccer and kids in motion in general.

Jim Townsend

wallace wong wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Who can tell me which digital camera focusing is faster such Nikon D70,
> D100, Canon 10D, 300D?

You're asking the wrong question.

I doubt there's any noticeable difference in the AF of any of the cameras
you've mentioned. DSLR's don't use the sensor to find maximum contrast.
This is mainly what slows down regular digital cameras and adds
the dreaded shutter lag.

Now if you ask which *lens* will focus faster, you'd have a more meaningful
question. I can say Canon's USM lenses are very fast and quiet. I have one
Sigma lens and I can say my USM lenses focus faster and quieter.

I can't comment on Nikon lenses or the host of other third party lenses out
there.

> The main different between D70 & D100.

Go here: http://www.dpreview.com/ Click on side by side and do a direct
comparision for yourself.