Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dark downloads

Dark downloads

jason.p

I would be most grateful if anyone could offer an explanation as to why the
downloaded pictures from my Fuji Finepix camera are so dark on my PC that I
have to brighten them considerably (thus losing quality) for printing. The
shots look excellent on the camera. I had the same problem on a previous
camera, so I can only assume it is to do with the PC. I am running Windows
XP, with an AMD Duron processor.
Many thanks in advance.

Jim Townsend

jason.p wrote:

> I would be most grateful if anyone could offer an explanation as to why the
> downloaded pictures from my Fuji Finepix camera are so dark on my PC that I
> have to brighten them considerably (thus losing quality) for printing. The
> shots look excellent on the camera. I had the same problem on a previous
> camera, so I can only assume it is to do with the PC. I am running Windows
> XP, with an AMD Duron processor.
> Many thanks in advance.

Does your monitor have a brightness and contrast controls ? If so,
try turn up the brightness. That'll probably fix it

How old is your monitor ? They do tend to go dim as they age.