Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Compact Flash Cards

Compact Flash Cards

Willis Speck

Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
Thanks Willis

Willis Speck

Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
Thanks Willis

Charles Schuler

"Willis Speck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
> what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
> Thanks Willis

I have several brands and they all work fine. I suppose one should be
cautious about "really cheap" cards.

Jack-of-the-Dust

"Charles Schuler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Willis Speck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
> > what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
> > Thanks Willis

> I have several brands and they all work fine. I suppose one should be
> cautious about "really cheap" cards.

There are only three FABS that make the Nands that are the heart of the
card. I shoot for ones that I know to be using Samsung Nands and not
seconds.
So the prior post is correct, you get what you pay for.

Ed

Willis Speck

Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
Is Sandisk the best?
Willis

Andrew

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Is Sandisk the best?

They are the cheapest, what do you think?
--
Andrew. To email unscramble http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.

Charles Schuler

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > Is Sandisk the best?

> They are the cheapest, what do you think?

I have two of those and they work fine.

Bay Area Dave

buy what's on sale. I've got an expensive Sandisk and a
cheapy from Fry's and guess what; the cheaper card is just
as fast as the $200 Sandisk. I'm still kicking myself for
getting caught up by the marketing hype!!!

dave

Willis Speck wrote:

> Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
> what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
> Thanks Willis

George

"Charles Schuler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Is Sandisk the best?

> > They are the cheapest, what do you think?

> I have two of those and they work fine.

www.dpreview.com has some test results on various brands of CF...looks like
Sandisk Ultra II came out on the top of the heap followed by the Lexar X40
BUT you have to remember that this was a performance test with a few
specific cameras and not a reliability test. You might want to also scan
the newsgroups for complaints (I've seen a few about Viking, but have no
personal experience with the brand). I'm too new to CF-based digital
cameras for my limited experience to mean much, but I have Delkin and
haven't had a problem (and they do have a lifetime warranty for whatever
that is worth).

George

Lots of Sandisk on sale this weekend and many with rebates. Check out
www.techbargains.com (a price search engine) to find many of the specials
(also saw some decent deals at www.ecost.com - an online dealer). I was
tempted, but my $180 Muvo2 is on its way (4GB Hitachi microdrive).

news:snigc.23634$(E-Mail Removed). com...