Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 512mb SD memory: Panasonic vs?

512mb SD memory: Panasonic vs?

Mike Stobbe

newegg offers the Panasonic that they say is rated at 10mbs, altho
jandr's site says 2mbs. On Panasonics site there are no specs for
speed. which brand card would be recommended for a faster card?

David Sommers

The 512 MB Panasonic SD is rated at 10 Mbps. It's on their web site and
clearly marked on every retail package. I have two of them for my Panasonic
SV-AV100 which must have the high speed.

Bye.

"Mike Stobbe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> newegg offers the Panasonic that they say is rated at 10mbs, altho
> jandr's site says 2mbs. On Panasonics site there are no specs for
> speed. which brand card would be recommended for a faster card?

errepi

ok but is it 10 Mb/s in read mode, write or both?

"David Sommers" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:C5fgc.29059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The 512 MB Panasonic SD is rated at 10 Mbps. It's on their web site and
> clearly marked on every retail package. I have two of them for my

Panasonic
> SV-AV100 which must have the high speed.
>
> Bye.
>
> "Mike Stobbe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > newegg offers the Panasonic that they say is rated at 10mbs, altho
> > jandr's site says 2mbs. On Panasonics site there are no specs for
> > speed. which brand card would be recommended for a faster card?

David Sommers

The Panasonic SV-AV100 records and plays MPEG2 video at 6 Mbps continuous.
It works flawlessly with these SD cards. I'd have to say it's both read and
write.

This particular Panasonic camera is the only one I know of that needs an SD
card this fast. What is your application that requires an SD card at this
speed?

Bye.

news:2Bggc.12658$(E-Mail Removed)...