Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Nikon 10.5mm DX lens

Reply
Thread Tools

New Nikon 10.5mm DX lens

 
 
Lung Fish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2004
10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
I have finally seen it in stock in a store or two.
Does anyone have any experience yet with this new lens?

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...productNr=2148

I like the idea that I can get a 16mm equivalent full-frame fisheye on the
Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
when the DX size circle vignettes...

The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
~ Darrell ~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2004

"Lung Fish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94CD7430D6F18lungfish@216.196.97.136...
> 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
> I have finally seen it in stock in a store or two.
> Does anyone have any experience yet with this new lens?
>
> http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...productNr=2148
>
> I like the idea that I can get a 16mm equivalent full-frame fisheye on the
> Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
> when the DX size circle vignettes...
>
> The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.


I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bowzah
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2004

"Lung Fish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94CD7430D6F18lungfish@216.196.97.136...
> 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
> I have finally seen it in stock in a store or two.
> Does anyone have any experience yet with this new lens?
>
> http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...productNr=2148
>
> I like the idea that I can get a 16mm equivalent full-frame fisheye on the
> Nikon dSLRs. Hey, it may even look like a near-circular fisheye on 35mm
> when the DX size circle vignettes...
>
> The specs are promising, though AF-S would be nice.


Do you really need fast AF on a fisheye?


 
Reply With Quote
 
JR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2004

>
> I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
> F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...
>
>
>


There already is the 16/2.8 fisheye which is the film equivalent. A
10.5mm lens would be extremely expensive for a 35mm camera. Not cost
effective.

JR
 
Reply With Quote
 
~ Darrell ~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2004

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >
> > I would have liked it to be backward compatible to film cameras like the
> > F100, F90X. But more proof digital is replacing film...
> >
> >
> >

>
> There already is the 16/2.8 fisheye which is the film equivalent. A
> 10.5mm lens would be extremely expensive for a 35mm camera. Not cost
> effective.
>
> JR


I want wider ... Maybe I'll look at the Voigtlander 12mm Ultra-Wide Heliar.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Nikon D40x and a new lens Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 56 03-09-2007 10:52 AM
Nikon Kit Lens Or Sigma Lens Anirudh Digital Photography 4 03-05-2006 10:11 AM
Is afs-dx 18-70 a lens definitely a Nikon lens? Lar via PhotoKB.com Digital Photography 5 03-22-2005 09:58 PM
Lens adapter to put Canon lens on Nikon D70 ? bob Digital Photography 12 08-24-2004 08:51 PM
Canon 10D lens Nikon Lens SteveJ Digital Photography 29 06-14-2004 12:52 AM



Advertisments