Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A70 or A75

Canon A70 or A75

Willis Speck

I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
Thanks Willis

Sam

A75 is now current, the two are almost identical. The A75 has more special modes, a larger display, and 9 point autofocus. It depends on what you need or want, otherwise, let price be a factor.

"Willis Speck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
: taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
: one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
: Thanks Willis
:

Steven M. Scharf

"Willis Speck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
> taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
> one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
> Thanks Willis

The A75 adds larger, higher resolution LCD display, more scene modes, more
focus points, date imprinting on photos, and a Print/Share button. But the
A75 is more expensive, $285 versus about $235 for the A70. So it all depends
on whether than extra $50 is worth it to you. Then of course, the A80 is
about $340, only $55 more. It's never ending.

Personally, I would pay the extra $50 for the A75.

chibitul

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Willis Speck <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
> taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
> one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
> Thanks Willis

I *believe* that A75 has an orientation sensor: you don't have to
manually rotate the portrait shots, the camera does this for you. for me
this would be worth the price difference, but please check to make sure,
I may be wrong about the orientation sensor. Believe me, after a while
it gets tedious to rotate those portrait shots, especially if some are
clockwise and some counter clock wise

Pavel

: wrote:

: : I *believe* that A75 has an orientation sensor: you don't have to
: manually rotate the portrait shots, the camera does this for you. for me
: this would be worth the price difference, but please check to make sure,
: I may be wrong about the orientation sensor. Believe me, after a while
: it gets tedious to rotate those portrait shots, especially if some are
: clockwise and some counter clock wise

Yes, the A75 has the orientation sensor.