Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > nikon coolpix 3100 question

nikon coolpix 3100 question

Arte

Or maybe anyone with some more computer know-how than me, anyway.

We want to know how to email more than one photo at once - ie photos that
have been saved in different folders using the software that came with the
camera as it will allow us to condense the file size for emails. The
software will let us email more than one from the same folder, but we cannot
work out how to get pictures from different folders onto the same email.

At the moment, we are copying the ones we want into another folder,
selecting and sending it that way. Works ok for me but for the partner, that
way is too time consuming. Is there an easy way to do it? Or is the way we
have been, the best/most efficient way? Should we use different photo
software?

Help please!

Arte

email is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Steve

Arte wrote:
> Or maybe anyone with some more computer know-how than me, anyway.
>
> We want to know how to email more than one photo at once - ie photos
> that have been saved in different folders using the software that
> came with the camera as it will allow us to condense the file size
> for emails. The software will let us email more than one from the
> same folder, but we cannot work out how to get pictures from
> different folders onto the same email.
>
> At the moment, we are copying the ones we want into another folder,
> selecting and sending it that way. Works ok for me but for the
> partner, that way is too time consuming. Is there an easy way to do
> it? Or is the way we have been, the best/most efficient way? Should
> we use different photo software?
>
> Help please!
>
> Arte
>
> email is (E-Mail Removed)

Arte:

I have a CP 3100 camera, but the camera has little to do with emailing.
Some more information would be useful to answer your question. What is your
operating system? What is your email program?

I would recommend the following procedure:
1) copy the photo files from your 3100 to a folder on your computer

2) copy the files that you want to email to another folder

3) resize the COPIED files from 3 megapix to a smaller size (I use 640 by
480) using the NikonView or another graphic program

4) attach the pics to your email with your email program

Good luck,

Steve

Arte

> Arte wrote:
> > Or maybe anyone with some more computer know-how than me, anyway.
> >
> > We want to know how to email more than one photo at once - ie photos
> > that have been saved in different folders using the software that
> > came with the camera as it will allow us to condense the file size
> > for emails. The software will let us email more than one from the
> > same folder, but we cannot work out how to get pictures from
> > different folders onto the same email.
> >
> > At the moment, we are copying the ones we want into another folder,
> > selecting and sending it that way. Works ok for me but for the
> > partner, that way is too time consuming. Is there an easy way to do
> > it? Or is the way we have been, the best/most efficient way? Should
> > we use different photo software?
> >
> > Help please!
> >
> > Arte
> >
> > email is (E-Mail Removed)

> Arte:
>
> I have a CP 3100 camera, but the camera has little to do with emailing.
> Some more information would be useful to answer your question. What is

your
> operating system? What is your email program?
>
> I would recommend the following procedure:
> 1) copy the photo files from your 3100 to a folder on your computer
>
> 2) copy the files that you want to email to another folder
>
> 3) resize the COPIED files from 3 megapix to a smaller size (I use 640 by
> 480) using the NikonView or another graphic program
>
> 4) attach the pics to your email with your email program
>
> Good luck,
>
> Steve

Thanks, Steve. that's basically what I did, but the Impatient One wants a
faster way, lol. We're just using windows Xp and outlook express

Thanks

Jodi

Larry R Harrison Jr

I have a Nikon Coolpix 775--basically an older 2 megapixel-version of your
camera (came out in late 2001 I think)--and Nikon View 6 which I downloaded.

I myself don't see a way to email more than 1 photo at the time from
different folders. Now, WITHIN THE SAME FOLDER if I have the pictures
showing up in Nikon Browser (which is what initially runs when you open
Nikon View 6), I can hold down the CTRL key and then click the envelope icon
in the toolbar. It automatically generates copies of the photos--downsized
per your specifications (which pop up)--fires up your default email program
and attaches the "temporary" resized-copies of the photos to the email.

Now--if you have several folders you wish to do this with--I would suggest
creating a "temp" folder somewhere and making COPIES of the photos you want
to email from the various folders and place them in there. Then repeat the
above step with those. Then of course you can delete the photos from the
"temp" folder. (Again, make sure they are COPIES--that you did not MOVE the
originals there, but that they're COPIES).

There may be some other way to do what you're wishing, but I don't know of
one.

LRH

"Arte" <aretrian26(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407ccb5d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or maybe anyone with some more computer know-how than me, anyway.
>
> We want to know how to email more than one photo at once - ie photos that
> have been saved in different folders using the software that came with the
> camera as it will allow us to condense the file size for emails. The
> software will let us email more than one from the same folder, but we

cannot
> work out how to get pictures from different folders onto the same email.
>
> At the moment, we are copying the ones we want into another folder,
> selecting and sending it that way. Works ok for me but for the partner,

that
> way is too time consuming. Is there an easy way to do it? Or is the way we
> have been, the best/most efficient way? Should we use different photo
> software?
>
> Help please!
>
> Arte
>
> email is (E-Mail Removed)

Steve

Arte wrote:
> Or maybe anyone with some more computer know-how than me, anyway.
>
> We want to know how to email more than one photo at once - ie photos
> that have been saved in different folders using the software that
> came with the camera as it will allow us to condense the file size
> for emails. The software will let us email more than one from the
> same folder, but we cannot work out how to get pictures from
> different folders onto the same email.
>
> At the moment, we are copying the ones we want into another folder,
> selecting and sending it that way. Works ok for me but for the
> partner, that way is too time consuming. Is there an easy way to do
> it? Or is the way we have been, the best/most efficient way? Should
> we use different photo software?
>
> Help please!
>
> Arte
>
> email is (E-Mail Removed)

Arte:

I have a CP 3100 camera, but the camera has little to do with emailing.
Some more information would be useful to answer your question. What is your
operating system? What is your email program?

I would recommend the following procedure:
1) copy the photo files from your 3100 to a folder on your computer

2) copy the files that you want to email to another folder

3) resize the COPIED files from 3 megapix to a smaller size (I use 640 by
480 pix) using the NikonView or another graphic program