Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > a question for nikon coolpix 5700 users

a question for nikon coolpix 5700 users

mutt

does anyone here use the accessory grip/battery holder for the coolpix 5700?
Id like to know what kind of batteries work best in the battery pack and if
the the high capacity rechargables work well or if I would be better off
getting a couple of the en-el 1 battery that goes in the camera body. Im
considering the battery pack as my next purchase at least in part to give my
big mitts something to hold onto as I find the 5700 small compaired to my
old fe. It would be nice to have something that would last longer than the
90 min or so that the en el1 does too.
regards,
mutt

Ed Ruf

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:35:48 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "mutt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>does anyone here use the accessory grip/battery holder for the coolpix 5700?
>Id like to know what kind of batteries work best in the battery pack and if
>the the high capacity rechargables work well or if I would be better off
>getting a couple of the en-el 1 battery that goes in the camera body. Im
>considering the battery pack as my next purchase at least in part to give my
>big mitts something to hold onto as I find the 5700 small compaired to my
>old fe. It would be nice to have something that would last longer than the
>90 min or so that the en el1 does too.

Yes high cap. NiMh will work, with a caveat. Early ones had a problem with
high cap. batts that didn't adhere to the IEEE dimensional specs. Many high
cap batts don't. Last summer when I went through this it seemed Nikon Tech
had a quiet warranty fix, once you got someone the admit there was an issue
and they had taken action before. Details are at:
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...5700_nits.html

The grip does provide a very welcome place for my left had and I've never
used the camera without since getting unless I'm fully out of sets of AA's
and have to resort to the original battery.
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com