Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Remove EXIF data...

Remove EXIF data...

The Kontaminator

I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of image
files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is for
people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
from different digital cameras)

Many thanks.

Olivier Bertini

Hi,

take a look at http://www.graphicsmagick.org/www/FAQ.html#C31

Olivier Bertini

The Kontaminator wrote:
> I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
> wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of image
> files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is for
> people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
> from different digital cameras)
>
> Many thanks.

Malcolm Stewart

"The Kontaminator" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kIVec.242$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
> wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of image
> files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is for
> people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
> from different digital cameras)

Taking them through an old version of Photoshop, say, 5LE, at least damages if
not removes completely the EXIF info fields.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Paul H.

"The Kontaminator" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kIVec.242$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
> wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of

image
> files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is

for
> people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
> from different digital cameras)

Take a look at JPG Cleaner at

http://www.pppr.sk/rainbow/programs.html

It's small and freeware. I don't know what its maximum file limit is, but
you can drag and drop files into the windows version of the program
(JPGCLN95.EXE). For what it's worth, the files passed my recently-updated
McAfee virus scan.

Ralph

Try an older version of any photo editor and resave the file.
Paintshop Pro 7 or earlier will do that.

--
remove n u m b e r s to reply
The Kontaminator wrote in message ...
>I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
>wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of

image
>files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is

for
>people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
>from different digital cameras)
>
>Many thanks.

YoYo

Use the program IrfanView ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ) its freeware
and has the option of removing or not saving the EXIF tag, not to mention
a few other things.

"The Kontaminator" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kIVec.242$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm going to be performing an image comparison over the internet, and was
> wondering if there was a utlilty that allowed me to say select lots of

image
> files and remove all EXIF tag information from the file easily? (This is

for
> people to try and tell the difference between various un-modified images
> from different digital cameras)
>
> Many thanks.

simpleguest simpleguest is offline
Junior Member

hmm...
is there something like this online
http://www.exifremover.com/

it works fine for images smaller than 100kB

Photozaur Photozaur is offline
Junior Member

Removing of EXIF is a good thought if you're uploading photos to the Web, and do not want to reveal your private information (date&time, camera/lens, GPS coordinates, etc). I personally use EXIFCleaner by Superutils.com - it enables me to handle thousands of photos just in a snap. It treats not only EXIF, but also various types of photographic metadata: Adobe XMP, IPTC, etc.