Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Goodbye to Photo.Digital

Goodbye to Photo.Digital

Michael P Gabriel

I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
subjects.

If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
again sometime later.

Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
, etc, etc.

Who needs it.

Andrew

On 13 Apr 2004 06:54:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael P Gabriel)
wrote:

>I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
>photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
>contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
>subjects.

I only subscribed to the group a week ago and as I use a decent
newsreader, I quickly killfiled all the idiots and now find it to be a
very useful group.

Using google to regularly read Usenet is by far the worst way of doing
it.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble (E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Ken Burns

"Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> subjects.
>
> If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> again sometime later.
>

> Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
> , etc, etc.
>
> Who needs it.

This problem plagues almost all Usenet newsgroups since most of them are
unmonitored. You have to do the killfiling yourself or with filtering
software.

Charlie Self

Michael Gabreil states:

>I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
>photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
>contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
>subjects.
>
> If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
>again sometime later.

It's kind of a do-it-yourself project. No one can do it for you.

Charlie Self
"If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin

Dan J. S.

"Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> subjects.
>
> If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> again sometime later.
>

> Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
> , etc, etc.
>
> Who needs it.

When you join a club, and the topic shifts to something not related to the
club, would you quit it? If so, it means you are inflexible and are not
charismatic person, and no one would miss you anyway.

George Kerby

On 4/13/04 8:54 AM, in article
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> subjects.
>
> If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> again sometime later.
>

> Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
> , etc, etc.
>
> Who needs it.

Don't take it so hard.

There is a lot in the world besides this Funhouse. Live it...

mark_digital

"Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
:I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
hotography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose only
:contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
:subjects.

:If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
:again sometime later.

:Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
:etc, etc.

:Who needs it.
--------
Your reaction is similiar to a person taking a tour inside a factory
and becoming upset when they hear talk that isn't business related.
If you come here with no clear intent and just want to browse,
your eyes will catch everything.
mark_

Michael P Gabriel

"Dan J. S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> > photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> > contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> > subjects.
> >
> > If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> > again sometime later.
> >

> > Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
> > , etc, etc.
> >
> > Who needs it.

> When you join a club, and the topic shifts to something not related to the
> club, would you quit it? If so, it means you are inflexible and are not
> charismatic person, and no one would miss you anyway.

Thanks for those nice words, Dan!

Dan J. S.

"Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> "Dan J. S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > > I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> > > photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> > > contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> > > subjects.
> > >
> > > If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> > > again sometime later.
> > >

> > > Is Michael Jackson guilty? What's the best song Greatful Dead song?
> > > , etc, etc.
> > >
> > > Who needs it.

> > When you join a club, and the topic shifts to something not related to

the
> > club, would you quit it? If so, it means you are inflexible and are not
> > charismatic person, and no one would miss you anyway.

> Thanks for those nice words, Dan!

I am just BSing anyway... You are probably a nice person...

Dan

Alan Browne

Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> I got on to photo.digital and the first 7 posts had nothing to do with
> photography, but had everything to do with lonely people whose on;y
> contact is the outside world through Google, with stupid sophomoric
> subjects.
>
> If someone can killfile these imbeciles it might be worth trying
> again sometime later.

Best defence is a good offence. Stick around. Read what interests you,
ignore what doesn't. Be a positive contributor. Use filters if that
helps. One thing that makes this NG a sweet target for the troll(s) is
the imense popularity and capabilites of digital cameras and so many
people who want to discuss them.... so many personality types and NG
'newbies', etc.

Ignore the trolls, setup filters (google for a very effective means of
filtering that ignores x-posted posts).

They really can't take that. Attention is their food and oxygen. They
are very easy to starve.

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/

Goodbye "Goodbye Ruby" Robert Schaaf Ruby 7 04-18-2009 09:37 PM
Goodbye Mozilla Joe S. Firefox 11 01-31-2005 11:08 AM
Goodbye Bush, and good riddance paul MCSE 135 11-05-2004 05:59 PM
goodbye Wapi choo MCSE 4 12-20-2003 01:25 AM
goodbye Wapi choo MCSE 1 12-19-2003 08:27 PM

Advertisments