Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > WARNING TO FILE SHARERS

WARNING TO FILE SHARERS

Lucas Tam

I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
Pacific time and you will see.

Theo

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Lucas Tam) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
> last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit.

troll....

I would just loooooove to see them sue 10s of millions of people.

michael turner

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....stupid ****tard.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)

^^artnada^^

Lucas Tam wrote:
|| I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
|| last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
|| believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
|| Pacific time and you will see.

I heard from a friends mate, who is closely related to some bloke that works
near a music store that has a girl working behind the counter, that she
knows some dewd who thinks he may have heard part of a conversation about
some people who may have been file sharing, who have possibly been tagged by
some person in the RIAA.

However, I cannot substantiate this claim!

But, if you listen carefully in the mp3's you downloaded yesterday, you may
just hear some geezer in the background who knows an uncle who used to speak
to a bus driver that took a bloke from the cd making factory at EMI, and he
said that some time soon the RIAA the BPI may possibly actually get thier
fat flabby arses into gear and actually give the music buying public cd's at
a reasonable and sensible price. Unlike the extortionate rip off prices they
are demanding at the moment!!

OK

Mike

(E-Mail Removed) (Lucas Tam) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
> last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
> believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
> Pacific time and you will see.

Rico Act--

Section 1962(b) makes it unlawful for a person to acquire or maintain
an interest in an enterprise through a pattern of racketeering
activity. Section 1962(b) is perhaps the most difficult RICO claim to
express in practical terms. A stereotypical violation of section
1962(b) occurs when a victim business owner cannot make payments to a
loan shark; upon default, the loan shark says: "you're either going to
die or you're going to give me your business." Given the threat to
this life, the victim transfers control of his business to the loan
shark. Usually, the victim business owner remains the owner on paper
but the loan shark controls the business and receives all income from
the business. Thus, the loan shark has acquired and maintained
interest or control over an enterprise (i.e. the business) through a
pattern of racketeering (i.e., loan sharking and extortion).

-- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com

Jeremy

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Rico Act--
>
> -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?

No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years have
shifted production of virtually everything overseas.

We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.

Do you remember that commercial from the International Ladies' Garment
Workers Union, with the song, "Look For The Union Label?" When is the last
time they ran THAT on television? The reason is because we make hardly any
clothing here anymore.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but all that we have left is the "entertainment"
business--and the government is going to protect them. (I seem to recall
reading that they were contemplating extending the limits on the copyright
laws, because Mickey Mouse's copyright was finally about to run out!).

Ross Perot made an interesting observation a decade ago: one day, they will
have sold us so much that we will not have any money left. And then they
will own us.

Again, sorry to be so sarcastic, but a growing amount of evidence suggests
that entities like the RIAA will prevail. Imagine getting a huge fine, just
for downloading a Michael Jackson tune! That speaks volumes about where our
culture has gone.

michael turner

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:39:10 +0000, Jeremy wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Rico Act--
>>
>> -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?
>>

> No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
> single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years have
> shifted production of virtually everything overseas.
>
> We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.

How's Detroit these days ? Your car industry must have taken a bit of a
hammering.

When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
American Car' or similar was the slogan.

But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
www.hoovers.com, I see:

DaimlerChrysler AG
Epplestrasse 225
70546 Stuttgart, Germany

Oops...

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)

Theo

"Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OIUec.5982$l75.5974
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> Imagine getting a huge fine, just
> for downloading a Michael Jackson tune!

Anyone downloading a Jackson tune should be tarred and feathered. But thats
another matter

"fight cross posts!!!"

michael turner

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:59:52 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
> advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
> American Car' or similar was the slogan.
>
> But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
> www.hoovers.com, I see:
>
> DaimlerChrysler AG
> Epplestrasse 225
> 70546 Stuttgart, Germany
>
> Oops...

PS.

AFAIK there are no British owned major car manufacturers left. Even that
supposedly most British of cars, the Rolls-Royce is in fact:

Volkswagen AG
Brieffach 1848-2
38436 Wolfsburg, Germany

I suppose there's always Ford and General Motors, both US owned, but who
knows where their cars are made.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)

Mike

"michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:39:10 +0000, Jeremy wrote:
>

> > "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >> Rico Act--
> >>
> >> -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?
> >>

> > No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
> > single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years

have
> > shifted production of virtually everything overseas.
> >
> > We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.

> How's Detroit these days ? Your car industry must have taken a bit of a
> hammering.
>
> When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
> advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
> American Car' or similar was the slogan.
>
> But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
> www.hoovers.com, I see:
>
> DaimlerChrysler AG
> Epplestrasse 225
> 70546 Stuttgart, Germany